Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[HELP] How can I fix my laser pointer?

I'm a newbie of laser pointer and just bought one from a China website. I got the problem I using it. The beam will separate to 2 beams and makes the power decreased. It's no warranty and not allow to replace or refund!
Anyone knows why it happen or how to fix it?

For detail please watch the videos below:
Since I'm a new newer and can't post a link, please copy and paste the following words after the youtube domain name to watch
watch?v=GH2u0osZIcw
watch?v=bgt2MRL8xgI

E

electricmonk9@aol.com

It sounds like your laser is "mode hopping". I may be wrong, but I think you are basically screwed. I think the only way to fix it would be to replace the module (in the case of green, blue, yellow) or replace the diode (red, most other colors).

You can read more information on mode-hopping (and other green laser issues) in the stickies in the "green lasers" section of the forum..

Many times this problem can be caused by using the cheap chinese batteries that come with the laser.. If you haven't already, try some fresh Duracells or any other well-known brand..

You are mode hopping. Several things can cause this but:

1. Put in new GOOD cells first.
2. If it's cold, warm it in your hand and see what it does. If worse, cool it in the refrigerator for a while.

These are the simple things to look for. Diode/crystal allignment is most likely beyond your mechanical abilities to fix. You can get a module from O-like and put that in there too but it will take some fitting.

Mike

i think the problem is related to the temperature since i'm using GP ReCyko batteries and the mode hopping problem only appear when it's warm.

what should i do in offer to fix it and how much it costs?

How can I take the laser head out of the case?

Attachments

• P1030725_resize.JPG
    P1030725_resize.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 478
hkmankind said:
i think the problem is related to the temperature since i'm using GP ReCyko batteries and the mode hopping problem only appear when it's warm.

what should i do in offer to fix it and how much it costs?

The only possible fix is to obey a duty cycle when using that laser. What this means is to only use it for a small amount of time before stopping to let it cool off. You really need to read the sticky here: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1234903304

It answers these questions..

I remember when i fell for the amazon green laser scam...got me a mode hopping one from there, too. Very unlike my pointer from Susie which is nice and steady with output. I'd count my losses and put an o-like module in there. I actually kind of like that host with the exception of taking an hour to screw in the battery cap ;D

I hope I dont get this problem, but I had this awhiile back, ended up throwing it...And whala fixed.

KanYarK said:
I hope I dont get this problem, but I had this awhiile back, ended up throwing it...And whala fixed.

LOL. its funny how throwing/slamming/hitting delicate electronics helps fix the problem most of the time.

A4RINGS said:
[quote author=KanYarK link=1237916527/0#11 date=1239794477]I hope I dont get this problem, but I had this awhiile back, ended up throwing it...And whala fixed.

LOL.  its funny how throwing/slamming/hitting delicate electronics helps fix the problem most [highlight]SOME[/highlight] of the time.  [/quote]

I wouldn't get too comfortable with that fix..