Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help Help Help!!!

:(
I'm an italian student, and i'm preparing a thesys for the 2nd university of Rome.
Here in Italy and on internet I don't find laser diodes of colour green, blue and red.
I would ask to you, if you know an internet site where i can find these lasers (i should buy 100 lasers diodes, so i would spend for everyone maximum 10$, and these lasers should have powerful beetween 5 to 7 mW).
Thank you to all
Sorry for my english

Welcom to the forum
There are currently no blue or green laser diodes. red is very common. Im not sure how powerfull you want your lasers but thease are good. They are only 5mw at most
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5914

Blue lasers are very expencive and are pumped from a crystal
Green are less expencive but still pumped from a crystal

thank you.
I need something of this type photonic-products.com/images/index/sq_violet_bio.jpg , in this site i found blue and red laser, the problem is to find the green laser, for me it is very important find these 3 lasers, because in my thesis i should use these lasers to create image on a screen, so without the green i can't create nothing!!!
Sorry again for my english!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is a picture of the bluray violet diodes. You can get those as cheap as 20$ each for only the diode from a HD DVD player. Then you need to extract the diode put it in a housing so you can focus the light, and make a driver for it.

Are you trying to get a even amount of green red and blue laser light so you can make other colors? like white?

What you are talking about is possible and it has been done before, but its very difficult.
http://www.laser-man.co.uk/2006/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=75&Itemid=6

using red green and blue i must create the others colour, my project is more simple of that on your picture, i should, using a FPGA, change the current that flows on the diodes and so, through his regoltaion create colour

yes, but for my project i need of a few laser, but for the project of my professor of digital electronic it need of 100-150 lasers because he should project images on a screen of 3m X 2m

V

V1.15

Wow... this sounds like it is going to be expensive! But really - I don't understand why you'd need so many lasers... can't you "scan" a single more powerful one over a 3m x 2m area? 3x2 is not really that big of an area. 3 high power lasers in a scanner set up could dominate that small area... just a thought.

Would love to see pictures of what ever it is that you end up building. 100 Laser modules? Yea, take pics!!! I have got to see this!

Good luck with your project!

This does not sound like a realistic project. blue laser modules go for around 400$ each. green is about 20$ each. and not only that you cant mix 5mw of green 5mw of red and 5mw of blue to get white. red is a darker color than green and blue, so you need more of it; and blue is darker than green, so you need more of that as well.

Manuel, you and your professor should probably do a little more feasibility research before embarking on this project. Even setting up an array of red lasers, with all the optics to focus them, will be relatively expensive. Adding blue to the mix will require you to purchase blue diodes on the order of $3000 each. Green laser diodes probably don't even exist, and if they did would be probably twice that price.

If you're looking to use an FPGA to control the display of pixel-like components, you may want to look into using LEDs and LED drivers, which can be controlled through regulation like you are asking. There are some nice driver chips which can be controlled through serial lines such as the TLC5940, and this would be more appropriate for your application.

If you still need to use a laser for your display projection system, perhaps you should just work on a monochrome system using red lasers.