Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help for buying a 1W blue laser.

Good evening,

I created an account on this forum because I need advice to buy a blue laser (1 Watt) I originally wanted to buy the laser "" Wicked Lasers Arctic S3 "" but when I saw the post ""32 Reasons NOT to Buy a Wicked Lasers Arctic S3" "I was reticent.
I then came across this laser "http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=98" Is it a good laser clear good quality, can he do that (claims how) the laser Arctic (burn, cut wood, plastic, etc. ...?
What is the maximum distance laser?

If you have any other laser (blue laser 1w) to my offer (the maximum price I would give for a laser is $ 300) thank you for telling me.

Reminds me also that I live in Switzerland, it is necessary that the laser is legal in europe

Thank you in advance for your answers / Proposals.

Sorry for my spelling but I speak french;)

Regards.

anselm

A 1 Watt handheld laser is an incredibly dangerous little device.
I suggest you get yourself a couple of green, bluray and red 5mw pointers off ebay or dealextreme.
They can be had for as little as ~5euro each.

Although low powered, these are still quite fun in the beginning, and after you get some
experience with these, then come back here and get that 1 Watt monster.

Bienvenu au forum!:wave:

Ash

Reminds me also that I live in Switzerland, it is necessary that the laser is legal in europe

Lasers >5mW (greater than 5 milliwatts) are not legal in most of Europe. Lasers >1mW are not legal in Switzerland and can be confiscated anytime by police.
What is the maximum distance laser?
A 5mW green (532nm) laser will go at least a mile.

In my opinion a 1W (1000mW) laser is much too powerful (and dangerous) for a first laser. :cool:

"Lasers >1mW are not legal in Switzerland "

For all laser or only handled (pen sizerd) laser ?

for this too?: Real 1W 445nm laser module/focusable/TTL [OL-445-1W] - $186.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

For dangerous, i have a hazardous room XD i have a higly radioactive torbernite ^^ Electromagnetic gun and othe chemisty things and hazardous materials one more make no change for me :san:

Ah i have found this two things:

La Suisse a choisi, elle, de ne pas en interdire la vente. L’Office fédéral de la santé publique, l’OFSP, s’est contenté d’éditer un avertissement sur les dangers potentiels du pointeur laser, un avertissement qui comporte notamment la recommandation de ne pas mettre ce type d’objet dans les mains d’enfants de moins de 14 ans. Au vu de ce que nous avons trouvé sur le marché, on peut sérieusement se demander si la mesure est suffisante.

Texte déposé
Les pointeurs laser en libre marché sont devenus des jouets qui ont des conséquences incalculables en termes de santé publique et de sécurité.

Qu'attend le Conseil fédéral pour les interdire immédiatement?

Réponse du Conseil fédéral du 20.09.2010
Le Conseil fédéral connaît la problématique des pointeurs laser. Ce sont surtout les pointeurs d'une certaine puissance - ceux de la classe 3 - disponibles sur le marché qui posent problème. Cependant, il n'existe actuellement aucune base légale permettant d'interdire ou de limiter leur vente et leur utilisation. Dans le cadre de la protection de la santé, la Confédération est habilitée par l'article 118 de la Constitution fédérale à légiférer uniquement sur la protection contre les rayons ionisants mais pas sur la protection contre les rayons non-ionisants, donc par exemple solarium et laser. Conformément à la législation en vigueur, les autorités fédérales peuvent informer sur la dangerosité des rayons laser et émettre des recommandations concernant l'utilisation des pointeurs laser. L'Office fédéral de la santé publique évalue actuellement la nécessité d'une réglementation en la matière. Pour le reste, quiconque utilise un pointeur laser de manière abusive ou blesse autrui avec un tel instrument est punissable selon divers articles du Code pénal, par exemple les articles 123 et 237.

in the text two said :

However, there is currently no legal basis to prohibit or restrict their sale and use
AND:
For the rest, anyone who uses a laser pointer being abused or hurt others with such an instrument is punishable under various articles of the Penal Code, for example, Articles 123 and 237.

So if the law is what is written, if I do not mess with my laser, there have no reason to ban it (so if the Twann crashes my package) I could give them a trial because of 'after the section of the law have the right to own one as I do not have anything illegal with it.

and in laws when they talk of laser it specifies that they are prohibited only if have weapons and laser 1w is a laser pointer, not a blinding weapon so it has no possiblility to refuse. I have the right to own one but it is classified as hazardous

anyway everything is banned because of idiots who think themselves clever to target helicopters and aircraft with high power laser.

It is correct?

Last edited:
For all laser or only handled (pen sizerd) laser ?

for this too?: Real 1W 445nm laser module/focusable/TTL [OL-445-1W] - $186.00 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

For dangerous, i have a hazardous room XD i have a higly radioactive torbernite ^^ Electromagnetic gun and othe chemisty things and hazardous materials one more make no change for me :san:

Ah i have found this two things:

in the text two said :

So if the law is what is written, if I do not mess with my laser, there have no reason to ban it (so if the Twann crashes my package) I could give them a trial because of 'after the section of the law have the right to own one as I do not have anything illegal with it.

and in laws when they talk of laser it specifies that they are prohibited only if have weapons and laser 1w is a laser pointer, not a blinding weapon so it has no possiblility to refuse. I have the right to own one but it is classified as hazardous

anyway everything is banned because of idiots who think themselves clever to target helicopters and aircraft with high power laser.

It is correct?

If you don't care about the advice that others have given you than you should just buy it than. A 1W laser IS very dangerous and can definitely blind someone

A 1W laser IS very dangerous and can definitely blind someone

I know that's why I will buy glasses if I buy one, I would not finish a blind

Otherwise I can also buy a 200mw, there have several on the site Chinavasion.

They are all marked "attention in some countries they are prohibited" but on one model that includes a safety ignition key
: Ultra Power 200mW Green Laser Pointer with Lock Switch

it is not marked as banned in other countries, perhaps because of the protection key?

otherwise, the laser 1w I showed:
http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=98

there are good quality and is it safe to buy on this site?

es that can also burn and cut objects (such as plastics and wood)? because usually if I make the prints I'm done with the soldering iron or with a magnifying glass, but with the laser 1w this area was not bad (given the video on youtube) plus I can also be used as laser Astronomy.

EDIT:
http://rayfoss.com/product.asp?bigclassname=Rayfoss Lasers
I came across the website for rayfoss laser es are they real? 1w laser is about as clear good quality?

ah and this is important:

A: Rayfoss will cover half the value of the product if the package is confiscated by customs before arrival. I.e. A refund of 50% payment will be returned for confiscated packages.

So if my package is confiscated i not lose all my buy

Last edited:
what i would like to know what kind of damage will a 1 w do to your skin should you accidently shine it on somone

on the skin not much i think (may be small burn) but if cest in the eyes of the lesions are severe and definitely destroys the retina.

(in less than one second exposure and you become blind)

:crackup: so stupid thans a lot for laught XD.

and for the Ultra Power 200mW Green Laser Pointer + LED Torch Light

shes good or a bad laser quality?

Ash

:crackup: so stupid thans a lot for laught XD.

and for the Ultra Power 200mW Green Laser Pointer + LED Torch Light

shes good or a bad laser quality?
The laser is decent quality (average).
From trusted sellers (like Rayfoss), it's a good laser (true 150mW). :)
From chinavasion, it will (probably) not be more than 50mW. :(

ok, thanks for your answer, the model chinavasion its make burn wood.

From how many "mw" one can begin to burn things (yes I am a pyromaniac XD)?

From trusted sellers (like Rayfoss), it's a good laser (true 150mW).

ah not bad, and because it looks like a flashlight, it got more chance of going through customs when opening the package ^ ^

I ave look this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huFwQM-ipxI

Effectively 150 mw is very powerfull for distance and I love the green trail left by the laser

EDIT: In fact, why the price of the laser that you offer me is so low compared to others who have even less power?

Edit2: and with the model that you offer me is I can also adjust the focus to eg increase the range of the laser light or to burn / cut objects

Last edited:

anselm

im wearing safety dark welding glasses when i get me one dont need to go blind
Yeah... sorry to disappoint you there buddy, but what seems like a clever
idea there has the potential to severely backfire when you realize that
those welding goggles don't protect your eyes from that laser.
Welding goggles are no substitute for laser safety goggles!