Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help for a noob?

Rifter

I would do some more research and pick another supplier laserer has not been a reliable company for a while now.

What do you want to use the laser for?

Nice job on asking about whether you should get it, before actually buying it. And, like Rifter said, Lazerer went downhill awhile ago. I'd check out Sci-Fi lasers instead. You should also look into getting safety goggles:beer:

I would use dragon lasers or build it your self you can get parts cheap and its more fun if you build it your self

Rifter

I would use dragon lasers or build it your self you can get parts cheap and its more fun if you build it your self

He has only 2 posts he might not be to the build your own laser stage yet :)

That said if you have the ability to solder small guage wire you can make a laser. I assembled 2 on Monday in less than 30 min.

thanks! I have wanted one for a while a now, they are quite fascinating. I'll be sure to get some glasses ;P

wow! SF501B 445nm Blue Is this legit? It claims $85 for a 1W Laser. Power Certificate.

1 watt blue lasers aren't that special/expensive. That said, your first laser probably shouldn't be 1 watt... a little casual mistake that you don't think is a big deal could cause serious damage. Look up "Hit in eye with 1000mw 445nm blue laser" if you want to know what can happen with a 1 watt blue laser. Only takes a momentary mistake and you've hard boiled your retina like a poached egg.

I would recommend getting a red laser at 650nm. The beam specs are amazing and there are far more uses for the laser, even though it's not as bright.

thanks! I have wanted one for a while a now, they are quite fascinating. I'll be sure to get some glasses ;P

wow! SF501B 445nm Blue Is this legit? It claims $85 for a 1W Laser. Power Certificate.

Yes legit and good seller to buy from, but you should not maybe buy that powerful laser unless you know what you are doing, otherwise check out laserbtb they have some nice lasers too and less powerful in all colors.

If you go with laserbtb, just be prepared to deal with some difficult communication/customer service. You may or may not experience some issues. I recommend a 532nm/520nm as they are very visible in safer power outputs and I think you're going for beam visibility with some burning capability. 650nm won't get you a nice beam for viewing. I think a 100mW green would be best:beer:

who cares their product atleast keep good quality unlike others high price and even worse customer service..

Last edited:
The one you listed is out of stock and I use mine for beam viewing at night, pointing at stars(watch for planes :eek: ), and burning. A lot of the fun is building your own, which I'm sure you'll do if you get into the hobby!:beer:

Cibdex

Ah! I didn't even see that. Kinda tricky where they placed it ;0 I want to build my own and I need to get a soldering pen and stuffs.

I have heard good things about the cyber, In the meantime, here's a good review from one of my favorite you tubers of a more powerful version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLXIq8Hm3Gg&list=TLhtDEIDV5wjSSGGzjIy9OQKXwTSOhooy_
If you look at the comments, the guy who posted the video said, "Do not order from wicked lasers or Lazerer because you have a much greater chance of being scammed. Dragonlasers, Sci-Fi lasers, or Laserglow are excellent stores to purchase a laser." :crackup: He must've gotten it before they went downhill