Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Help!!!!! (Dorcy mod)

Sciphii

I just bought a Dorcy Junior From Stonetek, and the a preassembled diode+housing thing (Along with the heat sink, the 6 ohm resistor, etc) But after I finished it, (I used Kenon's tutorial on Metacafe) the final product was less powerful than a common household pointer. Any suggestions? I could upload photos if they could help figure out what's wrong.   I think I just fried the diode.

If this sounds weird, sorry, I just registered like 5 minutes ago.  ;D

P.s, the housing and the flashlight were in the same bag when the Flshlight overheated (Like REALLY overheated) I had to wear gloves to take the batteries out and had to let it cool for at least ten min. Maybe that's why?

crocie

yup, diode's dead mate :(

if you have a very dim light, thats the classic sign :(

ah well, experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted  ::)

btw, for next time, the laser diode's are very, very (VERY!) heat sensitive. Everyone usually ends up learning that the hard way though :p i blew my first one ;)

Sciphii

Ok. This was like the first time ever- so i tried not to beat myself up about it. :'(

I do have a dvd player that I salvaged and I came up with a palm sized module with the diode in it. I'll try that. :eek:

If that doesn't work, I'll just buy one from nova lasers or something. :-/

Thanks,

Sciphii