Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Help choosing right components for 520nm 5mw astronomy forest green LP

Esculapius

Hi,

I am trying to put together the right items in order to assemble a forest green (520nm) laser pointer to mount on my telescope. It should be battery powered and resistent to low temperatures (close to 0°C). I am based near Milan, so ordering from european shops (ie odicforce or insaneware, or anything similar) would be preferable to avoid issues with lasers at customs offices.

I just want some help to decide which laser module (should be a 515-520nm, 5mw or less diode with a driver with a spring) and a compatible host (with batteries, lens etc).

Can you please suggest the right combination of items, and suggest if i need to buy anything else? I'd like to make it as simple as possible.

Thanks in advance

Giangi

Last edited:

diachi

Hi, being this section of the forum specific for green laser I thought it was a good idea to post here to get further help.

Easier to keep it all in the one place (Your original thread) - easier to find the information and causes less confusion.