Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help! AAA battery stuck inside DX Green

sku_1103_1.jpg

I'm not sure how it happened, but one AAA battery is stuck in the battery side of the laser. The flat side does not unscrew off that I can tell. The tube doesn't look bent. Shaking / slamming on the floor is not helping it get any further.

Are there any tricks to remove the battery?

daguin

It sounds like the battery corroded in place.

First, you could try a small flat screwdriver. Try to get the blade between the battery and the housing wall. You might be able to get the battery to wiggle enough to break it loose. You could even attempt to twist the battery from this position

Second, you could try a long wood screw (or deck screw). Screw it into the top of the stuck battery and use it to twist, wiggle, pull on the stuck battery.

Third, you could use a baking soda in water solution (or vinegar). Pour the solution into the tube and shake with the opening covered. Hopefully it will dissolve the corrosion and free the battery.

Peace,
dave

is the second battery stuck deep in it or right near the front?
i looked at mine, and the silver threaded part of the battery half of it seems smaller than the inside tube area... is it stuck on that?

i dont know of any tricks but i'm sure theres a way

I had this happen when I used duracells one time, they are a slightly larger than standard diameter. I ended up drilling a very small hole in the back end of the holder and pushing it out with a piece of stiff wire.

Regards rog8811

By any chance is this a battery that came with the laser? People have complained about this in the past with those cheap batteries.

Drill a small hole in the battery about an inch in, then using a long deck screw, screw it into the hole you drilled in the battery. Then you should be able to wiggle & pull on the battery till it comes out ;)

Maybe you can try some epoxy onto the end of the battery and pull it out.

To the original poster: If you want I have a the rear end of a DX laser I can send to you. Please PM me...