Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

help a noob out plz? NEW TO LASER TALK

All of a sudden, i just had this laser obsession so i bought an ebay laser for $7. I tried "pot modding" it and it broke... I'm thinking of buying one that the beam can be visible in daytime and is very strong such as popping balloons etc... im thinking of buying another laser and try pot modding it because i bought a different brand from the ones on youtube and i screwed up trying to do it on my own. There is a website called gadget town and it sells lasers for a cheap price but i dont know if i should buy a 200mw green laser from it for 47 bucks or buy a different better one. I tried buying one from deal extreme but it won't sell 5mw or higher to the US so is there a different website that sells good green laser pointers?also, is there a different way of modding it so a 5mw or more can be stronger without pot modding or replacing it with a stronger module/diode / btw im trying to buy a green kind. im a noob lol . help plz PS: im trying to buy a cheap one.

I wouldn't recommend pot modding any green pointer, it usually shortens the life of the laser drastically or destroys it completely. O-Like.com has good greens for a fair price for the quality and they're very trusted and ship to the US. Good luck, be safe, and remember goggles. And welcome to LPF.