Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Hellowski"

Hellowski, laserists! My name is Max. I was born and raised in Ukraine, but have now spent the majority of my life in the USA. I work as a software engineer for a corporation that sells products I would not use at home. I was in Virginia Tech class of 2004, Go Hokies! Some other stuff I'm into: theoretical physics, photography, modding cars (CRX@120hp -> Supra_MKIII@265hp -> Civic_EG_Hatch(bone stock) -> Legacy_GT@300hp), teaching my cat Smokie tricks, figuring out how to have power over my GF;)

I registered on LPF at the end of July 2010, but now do not remember how I got here in the first place. It must have been the stupid Arctic craze, and I started reading more about it. I've been into flashlights and CPF for a few years, but never thought about making my own. I do remember reading a laser forum in the past, there were blue (maybe 'blu') handhelds at the time that could just barely pop black baloons(wow) and would cost $600 (too high).

I want to be able to make my own flashlight host lasers. I just made a first DIY using LOC in a project box, there is a link in my sig to the album. Last night I completed my first PHR build, also in a box, but smaller this time. Before I got here I killed 3 LOC's and 3 PHR's, and even before THAT I spent 2 months obsessively reading and absorbing all the info here. Love the stickies, love the search. BTW, I use mostly google's page and do "site:http://laserpointerforums.com <my stuff here>" - the built-in search on the forum does not handle TLA's very well, and that's pretty much the only way to find anything here with all the "LOC/PHR/DDL"...

The amount of info on this forum is incredible. Compared to other boards this one is very open, people are freely discussing/criticisizing ebay, laser companies, DX and others, eachother, etc. You would expect only talking about sponsors and all links getting censored, at least that's what I've seen elsewhere. Many members give complete step-by-step detailed project instructions for free, even if they are offering the same kits for sale!

I enjoy writing long posts, making outlines/check-lists, and "getting to the bottom" of everything. I appologize ahead of time for any future posts by me with excessive mark-up and smilies everywhere:)

Yeah we're lucky. The admin is a very liberal man, and the Mods are all nice guys. This forum is like the real world in many ways, and its why I only frequent this one. Plus its full of honest, nice, generous people. What more can you want in a forum?

BTW If you didnt have control over your girlfriend in the beginning, it will never happen. Once they are spoiled its all over, LOL.