Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello

Gabe

H2O, I'm pretty sure he'd be using the NDB7A75, that's the only readily available diode I know of that can be pushed to 5W
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/ndb7a75-3-5w-445nm-diodes
Man, I hope you aren't looking directly into the beam, D9989s :p
I think I remember seeing that OD4+ reduces brightness of its specified wavelength by a factor of 10,000, but I wouldn't trust my eyes on that.

Last edited:

H2O, I'm pretty sure he'd be using the NDB7A75, that's the only readily available diode I know of that can be pushed to 5W
I think I remember seeing that OD4+ reduces brightness of its specified wavelength by a factor of 10,000, but I wouldn't trust my eyes on that.

Thanks, I don't usually stay up to date in the diode world, I'm more of a DPSS/Gas person :p

D9989s, If you don't feel protected by them, get a professional certified pair approved for industrial use. IIRC, there were some fake eagles floating around a while ago too. Better safe than sorry. :)

Gabe

I can't find another reliable source of 445nm safety goggles above OD4, the best I could find off the top of my head is here, at Survival Laser. Man, I really tend to endorse them a lot.
And here's a table and formulas to find out the transmittance of a pair of goggles with a certain optical density:

Just 'cause.
H2O, random question, are you able to get a good beam out of that 488nm argon ion of yours? It seems like a wavelength I would be very much interested in :)

H2O, random question, are you able to get a good beam out of that 488nm argon ion of yours? It seems like a wavelength I would be very much interested in :)

The beam quality of my argon is very poor. The divergence isn't great, and the beam is very messy. However the optics can be cleaned and readjusted so those things are just because of me being lazy (Which you shouldn't be when it comes to argons). 488nm is a VERY beautiful color (it's my favorite), I even prefer it to my 594.1nm HeNe. Sadly, argon is pretty much the only way to go when it comes to 488nm unless you get super lucky and score one of the DPSS modules. PM me if you want to know something else. :)

D9989s

Yes it is a 7A75 w a G3 lense in a custom aluminum heat sink i made and the host is a common 2x 18650 flashlight

Garoq

He already has eagles. It says right on the website:
Note: These goggles are for personal use only, not for any commercial use that is regulated by OSHA.

I can understand feeling off about these, they're certified but for what? UV protection, impact protection? they don't say.

They are CE certified, not ANSI certified. That's why the statement about OSHA.

Gabe's comment indicated that perhaps he wasn't aware of our OD5 goggles.

They are CE certified, not ANSI certified.

I would define truly certified as ANSI or ISO, but that's just me. CE is just the manufacturers promise that they do what they are supposed to. Don't get me wrong, I love eagles and they are the only laser goggles I use, but if I felt they were inadequate I would probably go with an ANSI certified pair.

D9989s

Found an ansi cert pair with an OD 6+ rating in the spectrum i need.. Little pricey though. Looks like ill stick to this wavelength for a while.. Haha