Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello!

I could not think of a title. Anyway I am new here. I just got 3 laser pointer's from the dollar store (cant wait to be insulted) and there dying. I would like to know how to make them better. I also love to watch my cat play with laser pointers. So anyway if you can tell me how to fix up these laser pointers (it says LP-5 on them) I would be happy. Bye!

I need one that doesn't burn through stuff. Because im playing with my cat not turning him into crisps. Mine is too weak and I have to shake it to get it visible sometimes.:cryyy:

udanis

Got z-bolt.com and get a 5mw 635nm pen. I love mine. Very high quality and perfectly safe. Not much you can do with cheap lasers that have stopped working.

It says its the highest power red laser pen. I live in a house where someones going to be stupid and(or my little autistic brother) will shine it in there eyes. Or I will screw up and hit my cat in the eye with it. Can you do tricks with laser pointers? probably not.

udanis

It says its the highest power red laser pen. I live in a house where someones going to be stupid and(or my little autistic brother) will shine it in there eyes. Or I will screw up and hit my cat in the eye with it. Can you do tricks with laser pointers? probably not.

it's the highest power laser POINTER. USA law states the highest power a laser POINTER can be is 5mw and that what it is. The FDA says >5mw is unsafe for eyes and can't be labeled as a laser pointer

it's the highest power laser POINTER. USA law states the highest power a laser POINTER can be is 5mw and that what it is. The FDA says >5mw is unsafe for eyes and can't be labeled as a laser pointer

Ok, the laws are probably the same in canada. I will buy that one. Thanks for the info! Can you mod colours or do tricks?

udanis

Mod colors? Nah....its stuck on red?

Do tricks? Nah you need something more power to pop balloons and light matches. That will be less safe than the some I linked you. Anything >5mw is considered dangerous

Mod colors? Nah....its stuck on red?

Do tricks? Nah you need something more power to pop balloons and light matches. That will be less safe than the some I linked you. Anything >5mw is considered dangerous

Drat, guess the laser pointers are just for show. I was hoping it would do cool stuff. Also, I think you accidently put a ? on the end of your first paragraph.

Anyway. I will find some sort of thing to do with my 3 LP-5 Laser Pointers.

Try replacing the batteries?

If your going to use it to play with your pet, you definitely don't want a high powered laser. I would just stick with cheap red and green pointer found at your local store.

Figured out. It starts to die slowly. If you wait it recharges its length. I really want to get modding my laser pointers.