Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello

Hello, I am an aircraft mechanic on the C-130J airframe at LRAFB. I have wanted to get into lasers for a long time but could never afford it. I'm mostly looking for tips on how to get started and where to start since most laser sites I have ended up on look like scams. Any help would be appreciated! :D And before I get the be safe speech I work with IR countermeasures including LAIRCM so I sure hope I know enough about laser safety! :p

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, pjt01201! :beer:

A couple of good companies to look at for a quality laser would be Jetlasers, and Sanwu, both have a reputation for high quality lasers, and great customer service.
There are also members here who can build you a custom laser, be sure to check out the BST section.

Be sure to take advantage of the custom search bar located at the bottom of the page, there is a wealth of info. to be found there!

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay here! :yh:

Last edited:
Welcome to our community here. Since you are having financial issues, you might want to look at some 532nm laser for sale on eBay. They are usually ~$8.00 to $10.00 depending on what accessories you want with them. I would look at 301 and 303 type 532nm lasers. It is a good place to get a collection of ~80 mW lasers inexpensively. You may also find other wavelengths that you are interested in. I'd look at 650nm, 450nm, 405nm too.

Hi pjt01201:

Welcome to LPF. :wave: It’s great that you’re apparently aware of laser safety around aircraft, but please always remember that lasers are dangerous, and even the briefest exposure to laser light can permanently blind you and others. Have fun but be safe!

-cd

Welcome to the forum! I used to be very fond of planes back when I was 13 when my dream job was to become a pilot. Sitting in a 737 cockpit was great even if it was on the ground. I am still fond of them now. Have fun here. :)

Hi and welcome sorry a little late but anyway enjoy it here lots of good folks to help out

Rich:)