Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, Will I able to do This ?

ARG

IIRC the answer is no as they have nasty start up spikes and oscillations.

Shobos

IIRC the answer is no as they have nasty start up spikes and oscillations.

Oh well, okay. But in theory with high end regulated power supply with no spikes it will work good, correct ?

ARG

Yeah, as long as it has constant current mode.

Shobos

Yeah, as long as it has constant current mode.

Thank You for info, and as I can see You pro so i have another question if You dont mind - What are Your toughts abot those 10 dollars 2w 445nm drivers ? Do they work pretty decent ?

It depends on the driver. I recommend going to survivallaser or buying one from Flaminpyro here or you can even make your own. Check my sig, I made a 1.5A driver. Just switch out the LM317 for a higher current regulator and you can make a 1.8A driver which (should) get you 2W

Shobos

IsaacT

Why would you want to cut corners on the driver. 10 bucks more ensures that you do not end up with a 100 dollar conversation piece. Buy an X-Drive, they aren't much more.

Shobos

Why would you want to cut corners on the driver. 10 bucks more ensures that you do not end up with a 100 dollar conversation piece. Buy an X-Drive, they aren't much more.

Because my budget is as low as it gets, i contacted people on this forum for X-drive and shipping is pretty expensive because its overseas :(

If you have the skills, make your own. Individual parts are dirt cheap and you will have a quality driver. Just be careful with buying drivers like that one because they could damage or kill your diode and end up costing you even more money.

Shobos

If you have the skills, make your own. Individual parts are dirt cheap and you will have a quality driver. Just be careful with buying drivers like that one because they could damage or kill your diode and end up costing you even more money.

I checked that sellers feedback from buyers that bought them and about 60 are positive, zero negative, So i guess its pretty OK altrough one said current fluctuates a little bit but I will give it a shot, ill hope for the best lol

I checked that sellers feedback from buyers that bought them and about 60 are positive, zero negative, So i guess its pretty OK altrough one said current fluctuates a little bit but I will give it a shot, ill hope for the best lol
They don't even list the current at which it's set. Also you'll need a host that takes 17mm driver contact boards, and the ability to solder you diode wires to the correct points on the driver.

IsaacT

DTR sells full modules of diode+driver and his international shipping is only 9 dollars if I remember right. I'm just saying that when/if your build dies or doesn't go well because of a bad or weird driver you will be further out of a budget than if you just saved one more week and bought quality. Its a gamble though, do what you wish.

Shobos

DTR sells full modules of diode+driver and his international shipping is only 9 dollars if I remember right. I'm just saying that when/if your build dies or doesn't go well because of a bad or weird driver you will be further out of a budget than if you just saved one more week and bought quality. Its a gamble though, do what you wish.

I Bought the M140 from DTR through ebay, but hes cheapest module is for like 135$ wich i dont have...:(

Shobos

It is 89.99 for a full module with driver and lens ready to go at desired current. Add 9 dollars and you have 98.99.

Here is a link

Oh well, You are right, but anyway i already ordered the M140 module, Ill chck that cheapo driver, if i see something dodgy i will get a proper one. Thanks for info IsaacT and everybody else !