Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, Noob looking for some advice.

Hello all,

I'm a total novice and haven't got a clue about lasers. I'm looking for a decent laser for as cheap as possible but don't want to go for a total pile of rubbish. I've been looking on Lazerer? Do I go for green or blue? I'd appreciate a bit of help in choosing my first laser, I'm in the UK and don't really want to spend over £40 but I'd rather pay a little more and get a good quality bit of kit. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Cel

Hi, welcome to the forum!
Read the stickies, safety tips, etc...

If you don't have experience, you should go with <50mw green as your first one, as long as you don't point it at others, or reflective things.

o-like, lazerer are ok

P.S. You posted this in the wrong section

Welcome!:)

As Cel mentioned, you might like to think about starting out with a lower power laser until you get used to handling them.

For a good quality, high power green you should be prepared to spend a lot more than 40 pounds...;) A 445 nm (blue) laser however, will set you back much less and will be considerably more powerful.

You can get some really nice lasers here; just have a look in the BST section of the forum.

Either way, make sure you get yourself a good pair of goggles and spend some time reading through the safety section...:beer:

Thanks for the advice people, I'll take a look at the safety thread, still feeling my way around the forum at the moment.

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Don't forget to put your location in your Sig if you
haven't yet done so. This way we know where you
are from.

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Hello all,

I'm a total novice and haven't got a clue about lasers. I'm looking for a decent laser for as cheap as possible but don't want to go for a total pile of rubbish. I've been looking on Lazerer? Do I go for green or blue? I'd appreciate a bit of help in choosing my first laser, I'm in the UK and don't really want to spend over £40 but I'd rather pay a little more and get a good quality bit of kit. Thanks in advance.

I would suggest green over blue since this is your 1st real laser.
A 50mW to 100mW 532nm will knock your socks off.

O-Like - Silver Chrome 532nm 50mW [OLSGL50]

Lazerer - LZCS - 532nm 50mW Focus-able

Rayfoss - RF532-50mW-B03

Just PLEASE, with any laser you get, buy safety glasses/goggles/lenses/w.e.
otherwise you will never forget about how easy that laser that so easily blinded you.

Thanks for the reply guys, I've placed an order with Lazerer after looking through a few different companies. I've gone for this one LZTN - 532nm 100mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer. i think it a good starting point and is around the price i was wanting to pay. When buying the laser i went for all the options goggles, certificate etc. Time to sit back and wait which won't be a problem because im on holiday in Lanzarote for two week : )