Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, new to forum.

Hi, I am new to the forum & a total newbie to the fascinating world of laser's. I am 40 & live in the midwest US. I have been lurking for a few days. Lots of information here & from the posts I've read, it seems like lots of good peeps too. I just ordered a DX true 30 for a first laser. I was gonna get a 5 or 15 at first from wicked, but after reading all the "love" ;) for them here I took another route. I saw a 90mw that is the waterproof flashlight type on the dx site that I wanted , but it is currently sold out. That is prolly a good thing cause that is way more power than a beginner needs to have (the true 30 is prolly more than I need). I think I am mostly wanting to point at stuff out side at night in a semi rural area & see the beam in the dark. Look forward to learning from all of you because I know nothing about this stuff (I have read the safety info). Looks like a great forum, glad I found it.

Things

Welcome to the forum! ;) yep a 30mw should do what you want just nicely, 90mw might be abit too much.