Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, new here...

Hi to all members,
I've just signed up after two days of reading old posts.

I'm from Belgium and 29 years old (from what I've seen, really old compared to many on the forum).

Intrested in electronics, leds and lasers and a lot of other fun things...

I currently own a neat 5mW red laser and a Neat IR diode salvaged from a printer (thank you, my brother LP, rest in pieces...)

I have a 30mW greeny under way from DX and will be looking for some nice red diodes that can be used for some neat burning, stinging, showing, experimenting kind of things.

If someone can point me to a source of powerull laser diodes at a fair price, I would be very happy with that, otherwise I will have to kill some nice and new DVD writers, but would like to buy bare diodes if possible, don't know if I could stand the fact that Im killing a perfectly working 16x or more burner...

Thanks for reading to the end ;)
Steve

Chad

Hey m8, welcome to the forum!
You can get DVD Burner diodes from here: http://www.stonetek.org/shop/ There have been some drops in quality lately, though. :-/ Daedal's also doing a group buy for some more powerful red diodes... but they're twice as much. Definitely worth it, though. :)

Glad to be here. evryone has been so helpful. This is def the place to be!
Lasers rule!!

Thanks all of you for the kind words, when reading the forum I clearly saw that it's very friendly and welcoming.

Chad, that's exactly what I'm looking for, will read up on the quality issue to see what's going on...

Thanks,
Steve

Hey Steve welcome to the forum, be sure to have eye protection when burning!