Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, from Woodstock, Illinois

Hello, Im George from Illinois and luckily i came across this forum. Before i bought any laser or laser accessory, i made sure to check LPF and see what you guys thought about it so i knew what was a good deal and not.:D I finally made an account after i developed a basic knowledge of lasers and got used to LPF. Id say im pretty active on LPF for my first day (well techincally it just passed 12 so my 2nd day) and I hope it stays that way. From what i've seen LPF looks like a pretty friendly and welcoming forum that is quick to help someone out. I think it'd be great to be part of that and i'm glad i joined:) I got into lasers after watching some youtube videos and while my collection is still small I am seeking to expand it. I have a couple lower power green ones from DX or amazon (before they stopped selling >5mW) that ive kept alive all these years, a 5mW red one (dont remember where i got it its been so long) and a 1W blue from Lazerer. I do have appropriate safety goggles otherwise i might not be able to type this thread:D Also, shoutout to firelaser for giving me some starting out tips:beer:
Overall, i hope to get even more into the hobby and have a great time discussing with others into lasers

Welcome to the forums, George :wave:

I've noticed you posted alot recently uh?

Use this big source information you have right on your computer... and read a lot about lasers. You will be amazed on how they are incredible :wave:

Any doubts, feel free to message me.

Have a good stay

-Leo

IsaacT

Welcome aboard! 32 posts today? :eek: That is a lot!!! Lol. Read the stickies and enjoy your stay :beer:

Welcome fellow FIB. Said with all due respect ;)

I walked into a bar in Woodstock at 20 and didn't get carded :D

Wow you live very close to me, I'm about 8 miles southeast down NW hwy. If you ever see the clouds illuminating blue or green down that way at night, it's me :crackup:

Welcome to LPF! :beer:

WELCOME George--

I know danefex and you two should meet.
there are many more close including a buddy who has needed to be in the hospital for a while- He happens to also be a pilot and like all pilots we need to get lots of feedback from them. We already have seen a lot from pilots that are not 'into' lasers from places other than LPF or PL. So I started a social group that covers both.

I may be getting up your way as my younger brother lives in Oak Park-

btw

unless you go to 'group tools' at the group and add a subscription -- you will not know when something new is posted.

also any member can start a new group- & if you want it can be an invitation -only private group-- to see all groups click 'community' then SGs.

hak

***** >(*U*)<

edit --

Sent invites to both

sadly our pilot friend has not joined the group just yet- 'Capt Jim' may be now home (I hope)
it would be great for you guys to become friends an have a MINI LEM up that way- any laser meet of two or more is a good one.

Maybe you two could just send him a PM( Captainjman) letting Jim( I think that is his first name) know you are at the forum-and wish him well.. maybe you can chat him up by phone--
Len
hak

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, George!

Be safe and have fun!

Cheers,
clayton