Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Vegas

My name's Mark. I live here in Vegas where my brother and I run a local business. In my free time I teach young kids computer science / video game design, and serve as President of a small charity organization.

That's actually what renewed my interest in lasers. I saw a TED talk where they discussed setting up laser perimeters which blast mosquitoes out of the air and thereby reduce peoples' exposure to malaria. Crazy! The future is now.

I graduated HS in '02, joined the Army for 5 yrs, then got out and went to college. After a couple years of college, I transferred to an online program and went abroad. I traveled through SE Asia for four years, and probably would have stayed for a lot longer if my grandfather hadn't fallen ill. He's since recovered.

Because I was already in the US, I figured I might as well do something so I joined a Master's degree program for teaching (special education) in which I'm still enrolled.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I look forward to learning more about the DIY side of lasers.

Hi mark,
I commend you on such a fine intro, hard to come by these days and welcome to LPF. Here you will learn all the tricks of the trade in an abundant collection of threads, put together by so many great folks here . The search bar on the bottom is our Google for LPF But we also like to answer questions if we can. Once again Welcome hope you enjoy your stay.

Rich:)

Welcome Mark
There is a lot of good information here, the LPF Search tab up top gives you more LPF specific results and that can be helpful, enjoy and lase safe. :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF Mark! :beer:
Great introduction; I'm sure you'll be an asset to the forums.
Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay here!

Welcome to the LPF, Mark. I realized you are just two years younger than my daughter. It's nice to have altruistic people here and I'm sure you will be an asset to this forum.

Welcome Mark. This is a great place and you can always find help if you need it.
Ed