Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from the northern US

glavey

Hi all!

I joined this forum to further my knowledge of lasers and get help if I can't find some piece of info from searching.

I'm really more interested in the laser part and not so much in the pointer part. Let me explain.

I just built my own laser engraving machine using pictures from the internet as references. It started as a DVD-sled based engraver but I (very) quickly got tired of the 39mm^2 print area. I'll spare most of the new machine's details seeing as this is just my introductory post, but now it has a print area of approx. 220mmx195mm.

I've come to this forum because I am thinking of upgrading from the 300mW rated 445nm laser that came with the DVD-sled engraver to one of DTR's 16X BDR-209 bluray diode lasers. I already have some possible questions that I'll ask in separate threads.

Anyway, thanks in advance to all who reply.

Hi glavey, always nice to see a new member. You really expanded the engraving machines work area :gj:
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy, have fun and be safe :)

Last edited:
Welcome Glavey , lots of info in the search bar 405nm 16x diodes are great single mode diodes. DTR is the man in that area great product and customer service.
:))

APEX1

Welcome to the forums. keep an eye on your wallet my friend lol