Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Texas

Nickso

Hello all, been reading the forums here for a while and have built a few lasers on boards only running off of a var power supply.... still looking for a good host to put my lasers in when i get my drivers smaller and tuned on batts. Working with 650nm only now and driving them with 317 homemade drivers. Pulled a few LDs from some DVD burners and have ordered a few LPC826's and have driven them at 340mA (measured in series with the LD).

Burning holes quickly through black CD cases is a blast !! Who would have thought this would have been possible years ago.

I have past experience with some HeNe low power lasers, but that was over 20 years ago. (Still have em)

I'll ask minimum questions and will always try to help when I can.

I also do photography on the side and like to weld and make knives. Too dang hot lately to be in the garage !!

Would like to hear from others.

I would post my photography site here, but I need to find out if that is against the forum rules first.

Nick

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Nickso

Thanks for the welcome Jerry, I have been reading and searching the forum for a while now and I would like to say thanks for all the time everyone has put into the forum.

Like I said, I'll keep my questions to a min as I'm sure most of the questions have been asked/answered multiple times.

Already have glasses for my son and I for the current wave length lasers I have.

I am building my own host and purchased a host on-line for another laser I am building and working on a small driver with a heatsink.

Have only LED'ed 2 cheap low power LD's from testing my drivers and pushing them to the max.
Won't be doing the stress testing with my high $ LD's.

Already know about Wicked.... thanks !!

Trying to decide which driver board will be the best for my home made host and ~300mW 650nm LD.
There are many choices out there. :yabbem:

Thanks again and hopefully down the road I can be adding content to the site.

If anyone has photography questions PM me and I'll see if I can help.
I'm going to be taking some macro shots of my LD's (off) and see what type of shots I can get with some mirrors and fog.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi-Tech-Photography.com