Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Pennsylvania

Hello, I'm new here (obviously) and just as new to lasers. I found this website when I was looking for information on the Arctic but after a little searching I quickly decided that I don't want to deal with Wicked Lasers or their products.

I don't actually have a laser yet, but my plans are to get the 1.5W 445nm Rifle from Lazerer some time in the next couple of months. I plan on using the laser glasses from Dragonlasers, but if someone has a better suggestion, I'm certainly open to it. The same goes for my choice of laser for that matter, you all have more experience than me. From my searching I think the Rifle is a good choice though.

Hopefully in the future when I am more experienced with lasers I will be able to contribute to this forum which has already been very helpful to me.

Just make sure you get the glasses first!

Anyway, nice to see someone else from PA on the forums

Welcome! :wave:

I think you should really consider purchasing a laser made from one of the members here. They are of great quality and you can get direct support if needed. Atleast check out the buy/sell/trade section and see if there is anything that you like.

Here are my thoughts on goggles..
There are three main suggestions for goggles for 445nm.

1. Eagle pair from Survival Laser
2. OEM brand goggles model ARG
3. Uvex SCT-Orange

Eagle pair are about half the price of the OEM (OEM ARG being $88).

Eagle pair are probably the most used goggles by many people here but are not certified. OEM goggles are certified and have a higher level of protection (higher OD rating).

Uvex goggles are not manufactured to be used with lasers but they have been tested by members here and work quite well. They can be had from several sellers on Amazon for $8.
Several people have bought them for use by "spectators" while burning/etc.

When I bought my first laser a few months ago (Blue-Ice made by member Yobresal) I had the had the OEM goggles in the shopping cart and instead of clicking buy I decided to get two pair of the cheap Uvex goggles.

I have been very happy with both my laser from Yobresal and the cheap Uvex goggles.

You may want to consider whether or not you plan to purchase any other wavelegnths in the future before you settle on a set of goggles (including IR emited from many 532nm lasers).

You may want to consider whether or not you plan to purchase any other wavelegnths in the future before you settle on a set of goggles (including IR emited from many 532nm lasers).

Good point, I'll probably get a green DPSS later as well as some other wavelengths, so I'll go with the Eagle Pair.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Don't forget to put your location in your Sig if you
haven't yet done so. This way we know where you
are from.

Enjoy your stay...

BTW... Any new members that feel is a wasteful to
to search for answers to their questions that are
easily found on the Forum can contact/PM member
Eudaimonium here..

PM Eudaimonium

He has graciously offered to answer ALL questions
from ALL new members that can't find their answers