Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Michigan!

Hello!

I'm a longtime geek with an interest in most gadgets, computers, gaming as well as camping with friends, shooting sports, driving, well, most anything can be fun.

I'm joining up because I'm sick of the cheap ebay 5mW lasers that have such crappy switches, I want a few real lasers, with decent build. I don't need a 2watt or anything.

I have friends that love the diffraction lenses on them as well, so I'll be stalking the board looking for information before I just post and ask :)

Anyway, thanks, have a great day!

--Alex

Hello Alex, and welcome to the forums.

There are many companies and members that sell lasers. BUT, if you don't know about the hazards involved with lasers, do some search on the forum first.

Good way to start imo :beer:

Welcome to the forum, Alex! You will find everything you need here when it come to lasers... use the search tool to find a wealth of info in the archives and, if that doesn't lead you to the answer, we have some truly knowledgable members that are very willing to help as long as you are willing to help yourself first. Pay special attention to the safety precaution stickies and if you haven't already, please make your first REAL laser purchase a good set of goggles for the wavelength you plan on purchasing. After you have goggles taken care of, I would encourage you to look in the buy/sell section and purchase from an LPF member. We have many great laser craftsmen here that care about their product and are passionate about what they do... and want to share their enthusiasm with others through well made and stable lasers.

Have fun and be safe!

-clayton

I've messed with actual Lasers before, and tend to err on the side of caution (ie firearms), but am reading the safety faq's and posting anyway. Goggles will be my first purchase indeed.

Next would be a low power pointer that's not crap (i'm sick of ebay made-to-fail switches etc.)

Then...

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hello Alex, welcome to LPF!

Glad to see another Michigan member! :yh:

Enjoy your stay.

My friends enjoy playing with the cheapie ebay specials, with the diffraction caps, a LOT. Been looking all day and it seems there's those, then $150 and up, with nothing in between. Ruh?

Doesn't help that the spinning diffraction tips don't go on the real lasers. Hrumph.

Still looking :)