Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Maryland USA

Hello folks,

I am new to this laser pointer forum. I have some hobbies with RC controls (quadcopters), programming, photography, garden, and now laser. Also, I am now interested in DIY projects. Since FDA restricts buying laser pointers above 5mW, I am looking into DIY projects to make laser pointer and laser show projector. I am so impressed by laser show projector and would like to have it now. Only problem is that I live in USA area.

I have many 5mW laser pointers (405nm violet, 532nm green, 638nm orange/red and 650nm red). I have one 50mW 532nm green G301 laser pointer.

Tim

Hi there! We are all glad to have you! You've come to the right place ;)
There's a lot of knowledge here and plenty of willing members that will gladly push you in the right direction for your builds:)
It gets easier as time goes on and you'll get better and better at making lasers in a multitude of powers and wavelengths.
If you ever need help, all you need to do is ask:D

Welcome to the forums:)

Encap

Tim:
Welcome to the forum.

You can find a wealth of information on any aspect lasers using the LPF Search function.

Spend a little time reading the Sticky threads and you will learn a lot---very quickly.

LPF is a bunch of good people from all walks of life with a wide variety of knowledge that enjoy the laser hobby.

There are a lot of great Members that will help you with answers if you find yourself in a corner not knowing or what is best to do--is a nice community.

Remember laser safety and eye safety are central and come first ---get a good pair of laser goggles for the wavelengths you are using or going to bulid.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Welcome to LPF!

Search bar first ;)

Oh yeah. Please try and use the search bar before asking one of the continuously repeated questions here:crackup:

If it doesn't quite answer your questions or it's difficult to understand, then we are still happy to help:)