Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Long Island, NY

Hey guys. Wow, I think i became obsessed overnight, literally. I have a few posts here already, and i forgot to even introduce myself. So, sorry for that. I am really excited about my new interest. Up until now, its been knives, flashlights, and bags. Now I can add lasers to my list. Thanks in advance for any help, Im sure I will learn a heck of a lot from you guys.

dave

Welcome to the forum.
Have fun with your new obsession, lasers have a way of doing that.
Where on the island are you?
I'm in New Haven on the north side of the pond.
Get some goggles now.

Last edited:
Welcome! You're from an area that's been a hot bed in our section "Legal & Safety". Globally, incidents of lasing upwards have surfaced & caught attention of the authorities. Pilots are also obliged to report all sightings whether it's in their flight path or not. To promote LPF education and protect yourself from grief, do invest time in getting acquainted with the relevant stickies. Be safe and enjoy! :)

Hey guys. Yes, I am aware that big brother is watching real close over here.
Im on the border of Suffolk and Nassau counties, in bay shore. Right on the water more or less.

Yes OrionBLF is correct, don't shine that thing in the sky there. Lots of air traffic around there. I lived in Woodside Queens for three years many years ago. Welcome to the forums.

Alan

Hi welcome from down under, yeah this forum is pretty addictive as others said read the stickies on rules and laser basics, safety and have fun ...when you get your lasers.

sinner

Welcome to the addiction :wave: The only place everyone could fulfill their photonic desires is here , Have fun reading, Welcome to LPF!