Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from London

Have been interested in Lasers for a while. Always had a curiousity about "light" science, so I guess this an extension of that. I'm looking to buy something that's bright and can pop balloons etc. (so probably green?)

If anyone can advise where and what to look for, I'd be much obliged.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what I'd use it for, but it's interesting.

Gazen

Welcome to the forum

Hope to serve you to the best of my abilities your highness :)

Green wavelengths are the brightest to our vision, so if you want something bright 532nm or 520nm are good options.

Enjoy your stay

Welcome to the LPF. Is your name Charles or is that just a humorous user name you picked for yourself? You can buy inexpensive 303 532nm green lasers on eBay for as little as $5.00. These can be a crap shoot as some are better than others as they are all mass produced.They generally won't output more than 80 mW at best. I would suggest buying 3 to 4 of these as they are so inexpensive and it gives you a better chance of getting a decent one at the very least.

please finish your profile m8-
w/o knowing where you are located... we cannot give the best advice..
Green is easiest seen by use but that does not mean its the best burning laser--for that I say look for a focusable 405nm violet laser at least 200mW--beam is hard to see BUT that has nothing to do with burning.. hopefully you will get past that 'stage' and move on to more adult fun w/ lasers..
whatever you do choose-BUY YOUR EYE WEAR FIRST!!!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Prince Charles, when is William and Harry going to join?
Enjoy your stay. :beer:

Welcome to the Forum PC...
As was mentioned above it would
be a helpful to the members here
to put your Global location in your
Profile.

Enjoy your stay.

Jerry

Welcome to the LPF, PrinceCharles. There are many nice and knowledgeable people here who’ll be happy to listen and to help you whenever possible. If you’re serious about learning about lasers, please edit your welcome message to include your actual geographic location so that you can receive the most accurate information. You can also use the Search button on the bottom of each page to access our extensive database with information about all things laser. Our chief concern is about safety, so please remember to always protect yourself and others. Be sure to use proper vision protection and never point a laser at any living thing. Lasers are wonderful and fascinating, but please always remember to be laser safe. Take Care. :D

-cd

Reactions: GSS