Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Illinois

Hi everyone - I am not new here but wanted to post a "hello" and let you know a little about me . . .
My name is Jim and I live near Chicago, IL. I have been interested in lasers my whole life. It wasn't until 11 months ago that I made my first laser purchase. I have several Wicked Lasers but my 2 favorites are my RPL-400 (peaks over 500, averages 450) and my S-KY 808nm 1.9W. Both are great burners and the RPL is unbelievably bright. I am looking forward to the next generation green portables that S-KY is currently working on. I also just ordered a 635nm 400mW+ portable from S-KY. I should have it in a few days. I am also excited about the new Spyder III green. I would love to own the Spyder II GX - but IMO is just way to expensive (not to mention all of the performance issues so many have reported). Maybe the price will drop a bit when the new ones are released. I love to chat about lasers so contact me if you ever want to compare or talk about lasers, companies and/or experiences.

Jim

wow... you must be loaded :)

Hmm... welcome to the forum, I am new also, but I just purchased a single DX greenie.

I am planning on building myself a red DIY, followed by a blu-ray DIY...

I learn quick, so after I make the cheap red, it shouldnt be too difficult making that blu-ray work.