Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Germany

DAST

Hi LPFers, I think after signing up for this wonderful forum some days ago its time to introduce myself.

I am reading this forum (beside CPF and others) since about 1 year and learned a lot about lasers. Thank you guys! Your shared practical experience is priceless!

More about me: Even if I started early with lasers (about 1989 I bought in an electronic store two chassis of the famous "Laser Disc Players" to harvest the HeNe-Tubes and the galvos, I consider myself still as beginner; there are too many new inventions which I completely missed.

Later I neglected the hobby because at that time I was the only laserist in the whole area, so hard to get info and parts. And if there was something to get, it was a hell of expensive, and I had no houses or flats to sell... Other hobbies took my time: electronics, computers, collecting records.

Later I bought some "1mW red laserpointers", but they weren´t the fun.

When some years ago the green laser pointers came out, I bought a "100mW green laserpointer" from eBay for about 60 Dollars.

So one came to the next, I got used to buy 18650s and things at DX. Now I arrived in a world of sometimes buying higher priced things at eBay and pointers at O-Like. So the life changes.

About selfbuilding: I have a metal-education and a well feeling for the mechanical properties of metals, but I don´t own any machines and most of my tools I left in my parents home. I feel I don´t have the willing to do this step now but prefer to buy something allready finished. But that can change...

Most probably I forgot things of interest here in my first introduction, and most probably I made mistakes here, even more probably I will do further mistakes. But I am willing to learn, so just tell me or ask me.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

anselm

Willkommen, Kollege!:wave:
Bin ja mal gespannt was Du so fuer Projekte im Aermel hast.:D
I'm looking forward to your DIY and/or expertise!

welcome.gif
to the Forum.....
You will find a lot of Laser Related info here and there are
a lot of very knowledgeable members here that are ready
to help you...

Enjoy the Forum....

Jerry

DAST

Thank you for welcoming me!

Anselm: Danke! Ich bin selber gespannt!

means: Thank you, I am excitingly looking forward by myself....

Hallo DAST - willkommen im Forum!

It was more or less the same for me - I was interested in lasers since I was a child but lasers became a hobby for me when I bought a green pointer at ebay and I discovered this great forum!
Have fun participating ... :beer:

DAST

Thank you for your warm welcoming me! I am happy to be here. As soon as I find some time, I will post about my past and recent humble projects. One of them will be my try to repair (and possibly increase of power by using a stronger pump diode) of a 500mW 532nm labby which could also result in its fatal destruction... Diode ordered... ;-)

DAST

Dear friends, I am in VR-China (Zhanjiang) now. I can buy almost everything here, but no laserpointers at all. Seems they are produced only for foreigners...

I've heard by other members that you can buy Laser from
street vendors...
I'm not sure that those Lasers would be up to spec if not
tested on site..

Jerry

Don't forget your LaserCheck(tm) (hand-held power meter) if your are in foreign country's :takeit:

:yh:

Carsten