Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Charlotte, NC USA!

Hi all,

New member here from the Southeast US dropping in to introduce myself. I'm new to the forum but most definitely NOT new to LASERs and electronics. I've been hooked on this stuff for many, many years, since I saw my first light show when I was a young kid. My first device was a good old salvaged 10mw HeNe tube, so I cut my LASER teeth on gas and HV power supplies (with my fair share of HV "incidents" that helped give me lots of respect to HV electrons :) )

I'm a professional IT Systems Architect by trade, I've been involved with computers since the early 1980's. I'm an infrastructure guy but also a heavy AppDev guy too, which is pretty rare in my field. I like knowing about the entire solution I'm involved in, not just parts.

My big hobby passion now is everything microelectronic, especially things like Arduino, Netduino, SoC, and the "Internet of Things", where I get to use my programming skills right beside my electronic design skills. How cool is it that we live in a world where I can program a chip that is equivalently a computer that controls the real world and fits in my pocket, and runs forever off a 3v cell?

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this forum. I've been a follower of Sam Goldwasser's FAQ for years and always wanted to find a forum for people like me that are passionate about this hobby. Look forward to meeting and interacting with you all soon.

Cheers,
CltFlyboy
Aka Henry

norbyx

Welcome to the forum. Be safe with lasers, and have a nice time here>..:)

IsaacT

Welcome aboard, it looks like you are already well into this hobby! I look forward to reading your threads :) if you have any questions, feel free to toss me a line!

Welcome flyboy, I'm sure you'll learn a thing or two here but sounds like your pretty talented already and have a lot of skills I wish I had.

WELCOME henry
plz add charlotte to your profile- you have members near you-
BUt this, is, ATM more important- you should make every effort possible to attend SELEM (<google that) and enjoy a weekend of almost non-stop laser shows and way more- its in Conover/Newton starts Thur aug 17 IIRC over sunday evening=all private- and an event you will never want to miss after your first.
-see you there!! I drive more than 20 hrs to attend- so
you have NO excuses!!

its time to sign up- send your POLO shirt size and $60 to Adam (buffo)-
no very young should be there- but laser minded teenagers come with their dads and grandpas and so do a few of the GFs and Wives. Guests do not pay the 60$ extra shirts must be ordered asap at $20, very nice-embrodered / monogrammed with this years (7th) LOGO.

hak

PM for help..