Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from AZ

Hey there. I've recently recovered from a stress-induced psychotic break. Under the recommendation of my wife, family, and doctor I'm in search of a new hobby. I'm supposed to cut down on work and start having some fun. I've always been interested in physics and lasers, and I work on networks for a living, so lasers look like a natural fit.

I'm interested in acquiring a decently high-powered laser to confirm that I enjoy using a laser on a regular basis. Something that has a beautiful beam for cloud and star-pointing, and enough power to burn. I've been lurking here for quite a while now, so I'm well aware of the safety concerns and the need for eye-protection. I'll probably be picking up a 445nm from one of the longtime builders here come payday.

If I'm as intrigued as I think I'll be, my ultimate goal would be to setup a work bench and start building lasers in my home. I really enjoy building things, and these sure look like a lot of fun. I look forward to gleaning knowledge from the wonderful members here.

Oh yeah, and any recommendations on how to best enjoy your burning laser are most welcome. Popping balloons and burning paper is awesome, but it gets old. One way I can think of is: scorching scorpions that make their way into my house. I'm sure my wife would approve. :D

Welcome to the Forum...
There are Threads on what else you can do with your Laser.

Jerry

Last edited: