Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Alaska. New member Master Philip here.

Hello all and a Merry Christmas to those who read this today! :san:
My name is Philip. I am 32yrs. old (born in '82 for those not reading this this year). I live in Alaska and work on the North Slope in Prudhoe Bay for an oil drilling rig company. I do two week on/off rotations. I am currently at work and will be flying home on the 28th (in a few days). I have a wife who works at a local clinic. We have five fur babies: two dogs and three cats. My dog is a male pitbull/great dane mix (100lbs), my wife's dog is a female border collie/samoyed mix (55lbs). My cat is a male silver tabby (9lbs), my wife's cats are a male red himalayan (8lbs) and some weird female cow colored one (10lbs) (who I think is the smartest one of all!). We get our animals from the local pound. Also, our animals go absolutely bat s#it crazy for lasers. Our dogs will perk up if I so much as pick up a pen, as they remain hopeful it will produce a colored dot! (I am aware that I can only play with them with <5mw.) We don't have any human kids yet (some day in a few years). We do have nieces and nephews who are around ten (average age).

I have been intrigued by lasers for most of my life but never really decided to get serious about it until a few days ago. I came across LPF one afternoon and after reading a few threads decided I'd found the place I want to belong to. (I have never joined a forum before.) I quickly made this account and wouldn't you know it, I started prancing around the place like the noob I was (and still am as this was just a few days ago!) :whistle:

It wasn't until after I made a fool of myself that I started really digging into the rules, stickies and what not. I only, just now, came across the part about new members making their own thread. So, here's mine.

My current tiny collection consists of a few red, green and purple pointers. A year or so ago I got a green one from some Chinese website that takes an 18650 and has an adjustable beam. (I have no idea how powerful it is or the exact wave leingths of any of my lasers.)

When I first joined LPF, a few members helped me decide between a couple of different JetLasers I had my eye on. I ordered their PL-E pro 1w 2w blue laser 462nm, buy 462nm 2w blue laser pointer, portable 445nm 462nm laser, jetlasers pl-e pro 462nm in 1.7W silver. I also ordered two pairs of el-cheapo safety glasses from blam-a-zon. (Yes, they're rated for the appropriate wave leingths. Unless they're crap, in which case I'll need better ones.) :thinking:

Anyways, I'm happy to be here and am blown away at the professionalism of the members here at LPF. I hope to be here for quite a while. :thanks:

Also, I take cirtisism fairly well and welcome it from anyone who has any knowledge to share. :takeit:

I have a ton to learn about the laser world, which is why I'm here (and happy to be so).

(I'd be more than happy to post pics, but since I'm at work for the next few days, I can't.)

Last edited:

Re: Hello from Kenai, Alaska. New member Master Philip here.

Welcome to LPF Philip. very cool avatar

Carl

Welcome Phillip, we now have three Alaskan's here, Fairbanks, Anchorage and now Kenia. A warm welcome :)

Welcome to LPF Philip. very cool avatar

Carl

Thank you and thank you.
I just did a Google Image Search for a 200x200 lightsaber gif
I had to sift through a bunch of crap before I found this very awesome one.
I thought it fitting to use "Master Yoda" since I go by "Master Philip".
That is, in no way, comparing myself to the supreme Yoda. :whistle:
I've used "Master Philip" as my tag since I first created an XBox live account when Halo 2 was released.
Your avitar is pretty awesome, too. It looks like a brown doberman. Also, it looks like the doberman is about to start yelling at someone, which gives me the impression (every time I come across one of your comments) that you're gonna start chewing someone's ass. :crackup: (It gives me a kick.)

Laser Project: I'm happy to see I'm not the only Alaskan on here. Although, with as many members as there are, I'm supprised to find I'm only number three!

Last edited:

Lol... just the third I've seen or known about, I am sure there have been many others.

Welcome Master Philip.

That is, in no way, comparing myself to the supreme Yoda. :whistle:

Your avitar is pretty awesome, too. It looks like a brown doberman. Also, it looks like the doberman is about to start yelling at someone, which gives me the impression (every time I come across one of your comments) that you're gonna start chewing someone's ass. :crackup: (It gives me a kick.)
Yes Yoda is and will always be my favorite Star Wars character

Thanks to I'll let Sasha know you like her picture. She is a 19 lbs Mini Pincher Jack Russell terrier mix and she was yawning in that picture.

Here is Sasha in my lap being the goof she is

2011-09-29_14-35-26_691-1.jpg

Last edited:

Lol... just the third I've seen or known about, I am sure there have been many others.
I Was just about to say "Laser Project" is from alaska aswell but are you "Laser Project"? with a Name change?

:confused:I bet Sasha's got a lot of energy. She looks like a fun dog. I just put up a few pictures on the post your random pics thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/post-your-random-pics-73077-50.html#post1339993

There's one of my dog and one of my wife's dog (I say that because they know who their person is). My dog, Bruenor, jumps up on the couch and tries to inch his way into my lap. The only way I can get him to leave me alone is if I fire up the wood stove (you can see the corner of it in the background). He freaking loves that woodstove...

RYDorDIE278:
I noticed that too! It threw me off for a minute. I had to go back to a different thread and read some of Laser Project's posts to know for sure it's him. The man's in disguise! (Changing his name AND his avitar!)

Last edited:

I Was just about to say "Laser Project" is from alaska aswell but are you "Laser Project"? with a Name change?

Yep, I didn't think Laser Project was a good name and saw that a request could be made to change it.