Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello, finally

Stin

Hey everyone!

I'm Stin and I have been (secretly) a part of this forum for a long time now. As you can see I made my account in 2009 a little after I got into lasers. So in total I have been lurking about for about 5+ years I would say. I'm a pretty active lurker if you could call it that :D . I haven't been around much this past year due to school, so I was surprised to see the 520nm diodes already infiltrating into the hobby to say the least. Right now, I own a 405nm, a 445nm, and a bunch of greens and I am looking to expand my collection soon.
Anyway I just wanted to finally say hello to everyone after all this time.

Here is a picture of me with a 445nm yobresal build in the winter of 2010-11 (SNOWPOCALYPSE)
YGQxuU0.jpg

(Don't worry nobody lived in that house)

Also just got in a shipment of some "fasttech star pointers" today and i'd recommend those to everyone looking for a very cheap green i'd say one of the 3 that I bought is over 50mW.

Last edited:

Gun

I'll never understand why people lurk for that long and not introduce themselves :p

Welcome to LPF ;)

I'll never understand why people lurk for that long and not introduce themselves :p

Welcome to LPF ;)
I read and researched (Lurked as you put it) on this Forum
for ~2 months before I registered so that I wouldn't look like
a complete clueless noob....:whistle:

That being said...

welcome.gif
to the Forum Stin....

Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..
http://laserpointerforums.com/tou.htm

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and PLEASE don't forget to read to this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser or already have one be sure
to get appropriate Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Get Some Safety Goggles Now!

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Last edited:

Stin

Thanks guys! And thanks Jerry. I already have 3 pairs of laser safety glasses that I got from jetlasers about 3 years ago before I even had a high powered laser. And I know all about safety, I don't even trust some of my friends enough to even show my lasers to them haha. Safety was also my biggest concern when I first read about lasers and I researched that topic thoroughly before purchasing a laser. I've also been around long enough to know the rules and the reputation of wickedlasers and various Chinese companies as well as some of the members here. I hope I'm not a clueless noob anymore :p haha

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

norbyx

Welcome to the forum. Be safe with lasers, and have a nice time here>..:)