Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello Everyone

Hi everyone!

I've always been a laser enthusiast since I was in high school, but it wasn't until I started medical school last year that I made my first serious investment in a laser (a Wicked Lasers Spyder-III Arctic). Before the Arctic, I've only ever owned 5mW red and green laser pointers. Now I'm hooked on powerful lasers and in my quest for more information I stumbled upon this forum.

I love science, particularly biochemistry, molecular biology and physics. I'm familiar with the basic concepts of electromagnetic radiation, as well as the biological effects of said radiation.

I'm new around these parts, but I'm a moderator on a pretty large international gaming forum so I'm not a total forum n00b. I understand, however, that every forum has its own rules and culture so I'll do my utmost to learn the ways of LPF :yh:

I hope I can be an active contributing member of this community. I'll see you guys (and girls) around!

Hello and welcome to the forums. Lots of good stuff to learn about here. Have fun and be safe.

Hello and welcome to LPF :)
Hope you enjoy your stay and learn something new about lasers ;)
And remember to "play" safe with your lasers.

Last edited:
Thanks!

By the way, why is my sig not showing? I created one in the control panel and it shows up in the preview but not on my posts. I also found a check box somewhere in my preferences that says something like "Display Signature," which I've checked. Am I missing something?

*EDIT*
Never mind, I guess the sig doesn't retroactively apply to any posts I've made prior to setting it up.

Last edited:
Hi,
i can see your Sig: "445nm 1.25W Wicked Lasers Spyder-III Arctic" :)

Hello and I will also welcome you to LPF.
I'm sorry for you too.
You have already admitted that you have given in to the urges to buy lasers.
Now you will find it increasingly difficult to not buy more lasers. And more. and more.
Then when you have enough you will only buy a few more because they are different than those others...and this one is a special deal only...

But have fun anyways !
:wave:

Hello and I will also welcome you to LPF.
I'm sorry for you too.
You have already admitted that you have given in to the urges to buy lasers.
Now you will find it increasingly difficult to not buy more lasers. And more. and more.
Then when you have enough you will only buy a few more because they are different than those others...and this one is a special deal only...

But have fun anyways !
:wave:
Thanks ShortyInCanada!

Tell me about it...it can be a really expensive hobby, which is one of the reasons I joined this forum in the first place. I'd like to get some advice from some well-informed people :)