Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello everyone on this amazing forum!

Sa2fan

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and got interested with lasers thanks to WickedLasers but after that, I heard people were saying it sucks ass so I decided to get over and look for some lasers apart from WL. Like NOVALasers, Optotronics etc. They were good but expensive. Kipkay let me to this forum and it's sure is popular with over 1,000 people online each day! Anyways I think I'm gonna get O-Like's Waterproof 200mW Red Laser. Is it true that is 200mW or is near or just a scam that it can't burn matches, burn black stuff and pop ballons. Thank you for taking the time to read! BTW, don't forget to to tell about the 200mW Red Laser!

-Sa2fan

Last edited:

welcome to the forum, eh? ;)

p.s. all o-like stuff is of good quality.

cust11

Welcome to the forum!

First off, the o-like waterproof model is 200mW IIRC, not 500mW. You can light matches with a very well focused 30mW bluray. Power doesn't always mean everything! Focusing the beam down to a pinpoint is far more important for burning. Olike is a very trusted site around here and you will not get an underspec laser. I am glad to hear you didn't waste your money on an underspec wickedlaser. You will spend more money on a Vas,CNI but the quality is FAR higher than any other. Go read around the forums and try to learn about the wavelengths that interest you the most. I promise you will save tons of cash if you do your research.

This is where Jerry (laserbee) chimes in.

-Mike

Sa2fan

Welcome to the forum!

First off, the o-like waterproof model is 200mW IIRC, not 500mW. You can light matches with a very well focused 30mW bluray. Power doesn't always mean everything! Focusing the beam down to a pinpoint is far more important for burning. Olike is a very trusted site around here and you will not get an underspec laser. I am glad to hear you didn't waste your money on an underspec wickedlaser. You will spend more money on a Vas,CNI but the quality is FAR higher than any other. Go read around the forums and try to learn about the wavelengths that interest you the most. I promise you will save tons of cash if you do your research.

This is where Jerry (laserbee) chimes in.

-Mike
OOPS... Sorry I mean 200mW :gj: and thank you!

welcome.gif
to the Forum....

Contrary to what some members may say in their Sig... using the [Search] button
will allow you to access the tons of Laser Related information on the
Forum.

Jerry