Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello everybody. Palmdale, California here...

Hello everybody! I am new to this high power laser thing. I am not new to electronics however, and have made a laser listener in the past using a standard old school red laser. I just took an infrared communications receiver and shot a modulated laser beam (ie. one that was bounced off a window or mirror glued to a speaker cone) at it. It can be fun to use things for purposes other than what they were made for. Anyways... I just bought a Wicked E3 (I said I was new) green laser and was wondering what I could use it for besides burning thin black plastics. I also bought the Wicked optics set. Any ideas? I was thinking of buying a blue laser and a more powerful red one and try to make a projector. Maybe holograms?
I am not a genius. Not even an engineer. I am a fast learner though. So nothing too complicated please. I am one semester away from receiving my degree in Electronic Technology. I was offered a job with General Atomics working on unmanned aircraft but unfortunately could not get top secret clearance due to a felony. So if anyone knows who would hire me I would appreciate that too. I have applied for the Electricians Union but that is hard labor!! Plus electronics is my passion! I am completely changed and have a wife and kid I need to take care of now. Anyway If I cant get a job, at least I have a little extra time to mess around with lasers and stuff.

Howdy welcome to the forum :wave: have fun and be safe !
You could always use the green one to point at stars ;)
or hook that speaker with the mirror on it to an apmlifier
and play music through it then shine your lasers on the mirror and see what happens.

Peace All...

Howdy welcome to the forum have fun and be safe !
You could always use the green one to point at stars
or hook that speaker with the mirror on it to an apmlifier
and play music through it then shine your lasers on the mirror and see what happens.

On the topic of music i love the song palmdale by afroman :D,

BTW welcom to the forum, i've learnt heaps here already, very good source for learning how electronics works, its like a double whammy, lasers and electronics.

On the topic of music i love the song palmdale by afroman :D,

BTW welcom to the forum, i've learnt heaps here already, very good source for learning how electronics works, its like a double whammy, lasers and electronics.

Afroman used to live a few blocks away from me. Its a pretty ghetto place here.