Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Hello all

akfreak

Just stoppin by to say hey. Name's Ron. Somewhat just getting into lasers. I have been unemployed so I have started looking into things to tinker with until I find a job. Started with LED torches and now looking at tinkering with lasers. Hope to learn a lot and hopefully contribute to the site as well.

I have been unemployed so I have started looking into things to tinker with until I find a job
First off, Welcome to the forum.:wave:
Hope you have some money saved up., a laser hobby is not for someone who's unemployed. It's a expensive hobby! You could save up for a hot diode and kill it in seconds. $250.00 gone in a poof of smoke. <A figure of speech, more like gone in a dim light of an LED
And you will kill a few getting started.

Start off with the cheap LD's : PHR's LOC's ,etc.

You can build your own drivers for around $6.00 each. They won't fit in most hosts although. Also require 7.2V input. That's 5 AA cells. Again, won't fit in anything except maybe a 2 D cell Maglight.
Good luck and read all you can here before attempting your build.

photonaholic

Welcome to LPF. Enjoy your time with us here.

I have included a handy guide to assist you in finding what you need. ;)

hakzaw1

I spent many hours at Sam's Laser FAQ - Preface, Introduction, What is a Laser?, Safety and a bunch more here as a lurker on LPF - save yourself from re-inventing the wheel. make LPF search your newest friend. Buy from LPF members - you are getting into this at a time where prices are falling and tutorials for you to use are there. get or build yourself a 100mW PHR blue ray-a 200 mW red and a 50 mW green --thats a nice balance--you will like this trio (but the pull of the 6X- the 8X and 12X BRs is hard to resist...... but much more $ as you go up) WELCOME-HZ