Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Heat Sink Trouble.

I have two heatsinks that I need to join, they are somewhat loosly fitting and there are no screws to tighten them together. I was hoping to use some kind of glue but I'm not sure what kind would fascilitate heat transfer. Any suggestions???

Thats also what I was wondering - if it would stay solid. But, that looks perfect assuming it does. Thanx

HIMNL9

No, this is not silicone thermal grease, it's silicone thermal glue ..... it harden more or less like transparent silicone glue, just need a little bit more time, and it's a bit less adherent than usual silicone glue (i mean the transparent one), but opposite to this, it transfer heat .....

Just for give you an idea ..... have you dismantled a PHR sled ? (who here don't have, LOL) ..... the white silicone that in the sled keep the corners of the heatsink and the chip glued to the sled , is this one .....

EDIT: this one, i mean

attachment.php

Attachments

• glue01.jpg
    glue01.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
I have used this material and it sets hard but the bond can be broken with a little force, I think it's a pretty good thermal adhesive, at least untill some thing better comes along !

Pyro...

I was looking at that, does it dry or remain in grease lke state when it has set? Thanks

I think Ill go head and order some, as long as you dont know of anything stronger...

HIMNL9

As i said, Arctic Silver Alumina is more strong as glue, and still heat transfer ..... it's better if you are sure that you don't need to dismantle the heatsinks in a second time, cause it's like 2 components epoxy resin.