Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Heads Up to eBay Sellers....

This is a heads up to all the members that sell on eBay and have
refunded a full payment sent for an eBay item.

I had a guy from China buy a LaserBee 3.7W USB on May 23.
PayPal did not recognize his Chinese character address. I
contacted the buyer to correct his address and write it in Alphabetic
script that PayPal can understand and asked that he resend his
payment. I sent him a full refund so that he could fix his address.

The next day May 24 he sends another payment and it is better but
still has Chinese characters in it and his Country is stated as Canada??
I again asked him to correct his address because PP doesn't
recognize it and won't let me print a label. I refunded him again
so he could fix his address again.

Haven't heard back from him since.

By chance I had sent an eBay Fee payment to clear out what I
owed on May 22..

This morning I see that eBay has my account showing that I owe
for the FVF of the 2 payment ($28 ea) I refunded. WTF !!!.

I just got off the phone with them and after 30 minutes haggling
with them they refunded my 2 fees of $28.

It seems that if you do not send a Cancel Transaction Request
to the Buyer or he does not accept the Request before you send
a Full Refund.... You are up $h!t creek without a paddle.

More freakin hoops to jump through to make it more difficult
for sellers to get back what rightfully belongs to them..

How many times have they been stealing money from me and
you in the past >6 years I've been on eBay... :thinking:

Jerry

I understand buyer protection and all that but thats just ridiculous.

I actually understand ebays side of this and slightly agree with it. You can easily pad your ebay rep if you have two acounts and sell things on one account while the other account buys them. The seller account then refunds the money just through PP and this allows both the buyer and seller to leave feedback still. This allows you to have multiple accounts to pad your rep. PP realizes this and doesnt communicate with fleabay that the transaction was refunded since this scam can take place, thus flrabay charges the seller their final sales fee to prevent this scam.

On the other hand if you follow fleabays rules and request a canceled transaction and the buyer accepts it then the feedback option of the sale is blocked thus not allowing people to pad their rep. Ive been scammed on fleabay one or twice and had to open disputes. After the dispute was finalized I was going to leave neg feedback for being scammed but the feedback feature was blocked since they requested to cancel the order. Another time I bought an item and recieved it. It didnt work so I contacted the seller to return it for refund and they accepted. They canceled the order and I returned it but I wanted to leave pos feedback since they were very helpful but couldnt since it was blocked due to a canceles order.

I can understand your frustration but trust me its their for good reason.

I actually understand ebays side of this and slightly agree with it. You can easily pad your ebay rep if you have two acounts and sell things on one account while the other account buys them. The seller account then refunds the money just through PP and this allows both the buyer and seller to leave feedback still. This allows you to have multiple accounts to pad your rep. PP realizes this and doesnt communicate with fleabay that the transaction was refunded since this scam can take place, thus flrabay charges the seller their final sales fee to prevent this scam.

On the other hand if you follow fleabays rules and request a canceled transaction and the buyer accepts it then the feedback option of the sale is blocked thus not allowing people to pad their rep. Ive been scammed on fleabay one or twice and had to open disputes. After the dispute was finalized I was going to leave neg feedback for being scammed but the feedback feature was blocked since they requested to cancel the order. Another time I bought an item and recieved it. It didnt work so I contacted the seller to return it for refund and they accepted. They canceled the order and I returned it but I wanted to leave pos feedback since they were very helpful but couldnt since it was blocked due to a canceles order.

I can understand your frustration but trust me its their for good reason.

Sorry to shoot holes in your theory...

Opening multiple accounts on eBay is not as simple as opening
multiple accounts on LPF.

You require a Credit Card in your Name and must provide proof
of address. The Home address and CC billing address must be
the same.

The only way I can see your reasoning is if you had a buddy
shill buy and run the scam you outlined. Just for Feedback that
is a lot of hoopla.

1) I wouldn't have the time to play this elaborate game to get
feedback. There is no financial gain in it.

2) if I did have the time and it was possible then all I'd have to
do is give myself mutual feedback between my accounts before
I asked to cancel the transaction...

Yes... the reason is to rip off the unsuspecting and increase prfits...
and why would I trust you....;)
You had no part in my discovery of eBays sneaky tactics to gouge members yet another way.:beer:

Jerry

it is easy to have multiple accounts set up on ebay, i have two ebays accounts linked to the same PP account but with different CCs as the primary. one is an old one that i forgot i made and the other is the one i actually use.

ive NEVER had to provide proof of anything on ebay or PP although every time i log on to PP it asks me to send a copy of this or that but i wont ever send them anything.

plus many people have multiple CCs today so setting up two PPs each linked to a different ebay account is easy (if you can still do that).

i also set up my primary account 5 years ago so not sure if your still able to do this. the old account was set up, gosh, id like to say 10 years ago or more. never bothered to log back on and see how to delete it but i should prob try and remember my user and pass and do that ASAP.

you cant shoot holes in theories until you try it yourself :beer: like i said, it may or may not work anymore but none the less, what do i care

Last edited:

DTR

Yea I require people to accept the cancellation before I send the refund. Most the time you don't get resistance every once in a while you do. It is a pretty ill conceived policy but as all of their policies are they are either for the benefit of the customer or eBay never the seller. They think it is a privilege for a seller to be there.

Last edited:
I have had two FeeBay accounts for many years never ever used it as a shill- I recently closed the bank account attached- and now have both on the same one a a single debit card only-

I nearly just got clipped by Paypal-:yabbem: I needed to transfer some $$ to my bank to pay a china buy- I wrote two checks and set up my monthly payment to a PP credit 'Bill me later' plan. (BTW it you are not comlpletely on top of those e-payments even just the very last one and are only ONE day late they zap your account for interest from day one. :undecided:

However in my case POOPpal bounced my transfer back to PP while PP was trying to get their monthy 25$ and all that made my account around 3$ over drawn- and as I had recently closed my savings acct which was attached I got a 25$ ISF charge and was about to get another- nice lady at the bank interviened and as I have more than 7 yrs there w/ no ISF fees it was out back- :evil:pP said they had incorrect banking info on me while the other EEKbay account is working fine- all the same info etc. BUT they insisted the small deposit test and held my 150$ for about a week- I found the cash to cover the diff but PP caused the whole mess- Like H Mike SEZ use only when there is no other choice.:shhh:

BUt I now have NO WORRIES :beer::beer:I only need to send my bank info to this lawyer in London so the can deposit my 5.5 million dollars-- FREE LASERS ON HAK!! YEAH!!.... :crackup::na:

AND I also got a dirty talking email from some gal I apparently used to know and she is moving near me and wants to rock Hak's world:wtf:

she even sent me a link to her 'dirty girl'
web site where I can DROLL :drool: over her all I want for FREE!! LUCKY ME~~ YEAH!!:san:

- she said if I gave out the link she would k**k me in the b***s instead of L**king them-- wowzers!! :poke:

cant wait for her to meet MOM.:pop:

hak

tonyt

LOL Hakzaw! Funny as..

It is easy as pie to set up a "buyers" ebay account.. It's different if you want to start selling though..

Also, i didn't think you could leave bad FB as a seller if the buyer has paid for the item and you have marked it as paid? I have tried to leave bad FB a few times for A holes that have screwed me but because i had marked them as paid i could only leave good FB or no FB!

@Jerry, That policy sucks! I got caught out a few times by it without realising.. But now i watch every transaction like a hawk from start to finish..

Last edited:
It has been a while now that eBay changed their Feedback
policy.

Sellers are no longer allowed to leave Negative or Neutral
Feedback to sellers at all.

Only the Buyer can leave Negative or Neutral Feedback.

That was just another shot biased against Sellers that are
being charged eBay FVF fees and lining their pockets...

You can no longer protect yourself in a real world scenario
and the buyer knows he can unjustly rape your Feedback
with no consequences.
It's like shooting unarmed fish in a barrel... Shame on eBay..:cryyy:

Jerry

Last edited: