Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HD Video

mfo

Ok, is anyone here familiar with HD format recording? I'm ignorant to HD videos and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me.

1) My primary computer is an Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.87GHz w/ 3GB or RAM. Do you think this will suffice in converting video shot from an HD camera into Blu-Ray format? I'm guessing yes but will be fairly time consuming.

2) What format is Blu-Ray? I know DVD's have a VOB extension and are MPEG-2 format.

3) I was looking into this camera and I'm interested in it. Anyone out there know of any reasons for me not to purchase this?

Newegg.com - Canon VIXIA HG21 Black 1/3.2" CMOS 2.7" 211K LCD 12X Optical Zoom 120GB Hard Disk Drive HD Digital Camcorder

Thanks in advance for your replies everyone!

file format is .m2ts I believe. At least that's what they come up as with my internal blu-ray reader.

Ok, is anyone here familiar with HD format recording? I'm ignorant to HD videos and I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me.

1) My primary computer is an Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.87GHz w/ 3GB or RAM. Do you think this will suffice in converting video shot from an HD camera into Blu-Ray format? I'm guessing yes but will be fairly time consuming.

2) What format is Blu-Ray? I know DVD's have a VOB extension and are MPEG-2 format.

3) I was looking into this camera and I'm interested in it. Anyone out there know of any reasons for me not to purchase this?

Newegg.com - Canon VIXIA HG21 Black 1/3.2" CMOS 2.7" 211K LCD 12X Optical Zoom 120GB Hard Disk Drive HD Digital Camcorder

Thanks in advance for your replies everyone!

yesterday i received my Canon IXUS 200,take really nice videos,and only cost about 300$(got mine for 350 with tripod,4GB DS card and carrying case.
Check the video i made and others on youtube.
YouTube - Canon PowerShot SD980IS HD Test (IXUS 200)

D

Deleted member 8382

@blue lasers: this telephone antenna is gonna kill you sooner or later xD

@mfo: Your pc will be slow on it but I'm sure it will work. by the way, make sure that you got the right connections and software. I had to buy a firewire adapter and also "buying" pinacle studio ;)

mfo

@blue lasers: this telephone antenna is gonna kill you sooner or later xD

@mfo: Your pc will be slow on it but I'm sure it will work. by the way, make sure that you got the right connections and software. I had to buy a firewire adapter and also "buying" pinacle studio ;)

The camera uses USB. I have a firewire port on my laptop, but none of my devices utilize it. I guess everything will take long. That's fine though, I'll just convert/burn over night. Or maybe I will just keep the raw files on an external hd until I get a better system w/ a blu-ray burner.

Thanks for your help & feedback guys.

Raybo

The camera uses USB. I have a firewire port on my laptop, but none of my devices utilize it. I guess everything will take long. That's fine though, I'll just convert/burn over night. Or maybe I will just keep the raw files on an external hd until I get a better system w/ a blu-ray burner.

Thanks for your help & feedback guys.

USB is faster then firewire anyway. :beer:

ATEspo

blue lasers - I am new to the HD world, have been using GL2 for quite some time, but how did you import the video to your computer and how did you upload it to youtube? Are you using a PC or Mac?

I am using a Mac, importing the video into iMovie then exporting it to FinalCut, but I can't figure out how to upload the HD video to YouTube. Does it recognize the video as high definition and upload automatically? Obviously uploading directly from iMovie does not upload it as HD, just regular quality.

blue lasers - I am new to the HD world, have been using GL2 for quite some time, but how did you import the video to your computer and how did you upload it to youtube? Are you using a PC or Mac?

I am using a Mac, importing the video into iMovie then exporting it to FinalCut, but I can't figure out how to upload the HD video to YouTube. Does it recognize the video as high definition and upload automatically? Obviously uploading directly from iMovie does not upload it as HD, just regular quality.

im using windows 7.i import the videos with a program that came with the camera but you can also import them by opening the folder and copy the files on your computer.to upload it on youtube first:make an account and then on the top of the page press the yellow 'upload' button.if your video is HD,youtube will recognize it and will upload it as HD.i don't knowabout the prograns you use,i use sony vegas 8 and save the video as 6mbps 720p-30p HD with WMV format.try to search for sony vegas for mac.also what camera are you using?

EDIT:is your camera HD?i just found this video on youtube which explains how to save the movie and upload it on youtube as HD.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGafiXDIf0A

Last edited: