Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Have laser will heal

I have used my 250mw green to cauterize a few cuts since I got it. The cuts heal much faster and cleaner. I use my safety glasses so I can see the dot and burn until I cant stand the pain. This kills bacteria and the heat seems to make for a stronger bond when the wound knits.
The only gross thing is the smell of hot blood and body fluids.
For instance there is a type of "cut" I get because I work around solvents in plastic injection molding. (My Bro Scott is a plumber and gets them too.)They occur to the side of the fingernail and hurt like hell and are really stubborn to heal. Scott showed me how to use superglue to bond the cut together so it can heal but many times that doesn't work. By cauterizing the cut heals faster and stronger than with superglue.
I used to use scalding hot water(alternating hot and cold water locally) on cuts and my fingers to achieve what the laser does faster and better.
This is for cuts smaller than one stitch.

I've seen articles on how this might work, but never heard from anyone actually doing it.

Thanks for posting :) So what kind of cuts is this good for? Like, a shallow graze? A deeper slice, like what you get from a knife?

Switch

That makes more sense than biophotostimulation.I also tried this on knife cuts with a red laser, and while I still felt the burn, it did nothing special.Maybe it's because of how green is absorbed by skin and blood. :p

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lb7k4VQ8rrg[/media]

Nothing flashy, I'm not that good, that why I get cut :D

Ace82

Switch said:
That makes more sense than biophotostimulation.I also tried this on knife cuts with a red laser, and while I still felt the burn, it did nothing special.Maybe it's because of how green is absorbed by skin and blood. :p

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lb7k4VQ8rrg[/media]

Nothing flashy, I'm not that good, that why I get cut :D

Hey man, don't be so hard on yourself! Thats some pretty good butterfly knife skillz!

About cauterizing your wounds with a laser, sounds painful! :p Do you focus it to a fine point?

Switch

I don't think you have to focus an RPL 225 to be able to burn you.That would probably insta-boil a small amount of the blood in the wound :D

(yea, that's the kind of pretty good skills you get after practicing for 2 weeks :p)

Chad

Yeah, for most cuts you need to focus it down.

Just a warning, though, it's painful as hell. :p Almost better to have someone tie your arm down and do it for you. ;D

Switch

Yea, I think it's better to just slap a bandaid on it if it doesn't need stiches anyway.Unless you need it emergency healed for some reason. :p

Ace82

I used to work in the shop with plastic laminate. That shit cuts you all day long! I just rap some paper tape around my fingers with a little piece inverted exactly where the cut is and keep working. It is very annoying, but the tape also prevents you from moving your finger at that location and protects it. Eventually, your hands/fingers will callus and become it's own glove! Then the skin will not tear so easily. Maybe cauterizing your wounds will cause it to callus faster!

Chad

So, lesson learned: ALWAYS carry a high-powered laser with you in case you get stabbed or shot. that way you can cauterize the wound and maybe live. :D

Switch

Chad said:
So, lesson learned: ALWAYS carry a high-powered laser with you in case you get stabbed or shot. that way you can cauterize the wound and maybe live.  :D

And maybe you can blind the attacker and completely avoid getting shot or stabbed. :D

Chad

Switch said:
[quote author=Chad link=1212066816/0#9 date=1212077818]So, lesson learned: ALWAYS carry a high-powered laser with you in case you get stabbed or shot. that way you can cauterize the wound and maybe live.  :D

And maybe you can blind the attacker and completely avoid getting shot or stabbed. :D[/quote]

If you blind them, even if they DO stab or shoot you, they can still sue you... and WIN. That's how screwed up our justice system is. :p

roSSco

Chad said:
[quote author=Switch link=1212066816/0#10 date=1212077990][quote author=Chad link=1212066816/0#9 date=1212077818]So, lesson learned: ALWAYS carry a high-powered laser with you in case you get stabbed or shot. that way you can cauterize the wound and maybe live. :D

And maybe you can blind the attacker and completely avoid getting shot or stabbed. :D[/quote]

If you blind them, even if they DO stab or shoot you, they can still sue you... and WIN. That's how screwed up our justice system is. :p
[/quote]
How will they ID you? :D

Ace82

Chad said:
[quote author=Switch link=1212066816/0#10 date=1212077990][quote author=Chad link=1212066816/0#9 date=1212077818]So, lesson learned: ALWAYS carry a high-powered laser with you in case you get stabbed or shot. that way you can cauterize the wound and maybe live.  :D

If you blind them, even if they DO stab or shoot you, they can still sue you... and WIN. That's how screwed up our justice system is.  :p
[/quote]

That's why you don't blind them. You just greatly impear their vison so they can't sue. You might rather cauterize a larger wound with WL torch flashlight, maybe you could use that to flash-blind them.

Anyway, I sence this thread is going down hill so I add:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bXoSXgcKgY[/media]

WTF?! ;D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CESJ7HoFeC8[/media]

daguin

Chad said:

An old lesson taught to me in the service.

You do NOT want someone that you shot, standing up in court, telling a story that is different than yours. . . . .Pull the trigger again

Peace,
dave

Razako

The justice system is completely sad. There have been cases where a burglar hurt himself while in someones home and successfully sued the homeowner ::)