Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has Rayfoss gone down hill since the Qualifound buyout?

Well what do y'all think? I've seen alot of complaints about Rayfoss of the late, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Qualifound buyout, or if it's just bad luck...

Ash

Qualifound has always owned Rayfoss. They are one and the same company, just different managing staff. And, of course only lasers are sold at Rayfoss. Qualifound sells the rest of the cheap-o Chinese stuff.
But, I agree. It seems that there are more un-satisfied Rayfoss customers lately.
But that could be due to the larger order volume they are dealing with lately. :undecided:

Yeah, Thats a definite possibility. Less time to test for quality. I thought Qualifound bought them recently because of the redone website, and this "Qualifound, Rayfoss.com associated since 2010".

Mik

Well, I noticed that Faona always replied to my emails the following day, up until my item shipped. After that time, there have been no more replies.

I realized after I purchased this that DX sells something that looks the same for $31.90 and everyone is saying is more powerful than what DX lists. I have the DX model and Rayfoss model incoming hopefully within the next few days or week, as well as an LPM. I imagine the Rayfoss will probably make a little more power than the DX, but I still feel burned based on what I paid from Rayfoss vs. DX. I will compare the two once I have them both in hand. At this point, I am skeptical of Rayfoss. If the two items arrive and are the same thing, I will probably not shop or suggest Rayfoss again.

I'll be interested to see the review when your rayfoss comes in! What kind of LPM are you getting?

Ash

If the two items arrive and are the same thing, I will probably not shop or suggest Rayfoss again.
Yes, you are correct; those two lasers have the exact same host.
Prediction: The Rayfoss laser will be up-to spec (~200mW) and the DX laser will be under-spec (~30-50mW).
The host does not determine the quality of the module. Rayfoss practices good QC and actually handles (and tests the lasers), DealExtreme does not test the lasers, they are a re-distributor (like a drop-shipper). :yabbem:

Mik

The standard laserbee I. It's on the way, but I guess it takes a while to get here from Canada.

I am really hoping that they aren't basically the same laser. If they are, I suppose it's my fault for clicking buy before shopping around enough. No reason to jump to conclusions just yet, but like I said, I'm skeptical right now. We'll see.

Awesome, I keep tryin' to convince myself to get a LPM, but whenever I get the money I just go buy another laser :p I bet the laser from rayfoss will peak close to 200mw.

oikos

i have emailed her at least a dozen times for the past two weeks... NO RESPONSE :yabbmad:

Mik

Awesome, I keep tryin' to convince myself to get a LPM, but whenever I get the money I just go buy another laser :p I bet the laser from rayfoss will peak close to 200mw.

In her email to alert me that it shipped, she claimed it did 210 on a TPM-1 meter. I had also requested early on that an IR fliter glass be installed on mine, which she said was done. If it's doing 210 after the IR filter, it will be a beast, but I am doubtful that this is the case. I emailed back to confirm if she measured 210 after the filter, but never got a reply.

I didn't really want to invest in the LPM either. Hobbies sure do eat up money fast.

Ya know I've realized this hobby really isn't that expensive. Compared to paintball, skeet shooting, or boating most personal lasers are really cheap entertainment.

I personally have only had good experiences with rayfoss...but my confidence is deteriorating as it seems they are slowly going downhill.

Oh now I'm not sure whether I should buy my laser now, this is worrying news. That was my best choice at my budget.

Last edited:
Let Faona know you are from LPF, and that you will be doing a review on the laser. That should get you the best they have.

That was my plan!:whistle:

Seeing as they aren't any reviews here I wanted to make the first.

I never thought Rayfoss had ever been "On the top of the Hill" to begin with. A large number of their satisfied customers here at LPF seem to be the ones that also don't own an LPM..