Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anyone this Laser [400 mW | Green | O - like]

Trevor

Yeah, search o-like 400mW in the review section. Seems like it usually comes in on-spec. :)

-Trevor

thanks guy found it ;)

one question : is the onlineshop "dinodirect" good for lasers ? there are so much good reviews ...

Trevor

A lot of people have had good experiences, but given their business practices I tend not to throw money at them.

-Trevor

Dinodirect is only good for their certified/guaranteed output (firedragon) line of lasers. All others are a complete gamble and usually underspec.

Stick with o-like.

There are lots of reviews on the laser... including my own in a thread somewhere. Wouldn't recommend this as a first laser... If you intend to do any kind of burning you will need to either install an IR filter or buy goggles that block out IR as well as green.

You're gonna have to make that call for yourself. The reason being I don't know how good DinoDirect support is if there is something wrong with the laser. From what I've read... it's not great. DJNY had one of those lasers and the divergence on it was horrible.

Forgetting about the companies and comparing only laser to laser, I would go for the Firedragon.

Be aware that in the recent batch of that green laser that people ordered in March from O-like, there were quite a few that were under-spec.

Mine was one of the under-spec ones; it peaked at 130mw. Very poor unit.

I returned it to them (at not-trivial expense for priority mail to China with insurance), and, somewhat surprisingly, got this one back from them in exchange:

400Mw%20Green.JPG

@Shadowspawn
Is that graph with IR filter ( i guess not ) , i got mine 5 months ago and it's still working great after a LOT of runtime =)

cheers

Yes, it was unfiltered.

These have a decent reputation for low IR percentage, so I kind if hope that most of that 498 max is green.

However, my purpose was mostly to determine whether I had any further claim about having an underspec laser, and by their rules, I certainly don't, so I did not measure it with an IR filter.

Helios

You are probably better off with the O-like. They have a much better reputation and a member here (DJNY) recently bought one of the higher powered firedragons from Dino and it had a huge beam and dot. It was more of a green flashlight than a laser and he was having some issues getting Dino to agree on an exchange.

EDITED: thanks IE

Last edited:
if im not mistaken anything dinodirect that is over 5mw gets taken by US customs, is this still the case?

Helios

if im not mistaken anything dinodirect that is over 5mw gets taken by US customs, is this still the case?

You are mistaken. Legally yes anything over 5mW without the required safety features is suposed to be seized but they dont write "illegal laser" on the box. :whistle:

iiiiiiiiiidk last I heard anything marked flashlight or laser from them was getting seized by customs

Helios

iiiiiiiiiidk last I heard anything marked flashlight or laser from them was getting seized by customs

I just got 2 lasers that were rated 80mW each about a month and a half ago with no problem. I dont think I have ever read about anyone getting their orders seized from dino in the US.