Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anyone bought from this UK company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this site: w w w.megalaseruk.com/laser01.htm

I thought the 300mW laser (at bottom of page) was rather cheap.

Has anyone else bought from this site before?

diachi

mike666 said:
I found this site: w w w.megalaseruk.com/laser01.htm

I thought the 300mW laser (at bottom of page) was rather cheap.

Has anyone else bought from this site before?

That'll be a scam. You won't get a pen laser that even peaks 300mW, it's just not possible in a pen laser really. Especially not for that price.

-Adam

Well I did think it was cheap for a 300mW laser.

However on their 'Laser Pointer Information' page, they say "If you are calling to collect the laser, we will demonstrate the equipment for you to see".

I don't live too far from them so I might pop in one day and ask for a demo of the 300mW laser. If it does what it says ie. ignites matches, burns black plastic, ect... then I may be tempted to get one.

diachi

IMO you would be better getting one from Nova lasers.

Even if they do demonstrate the power with a power meter, the power meter might not be calibrated, it might be an optical meter, and it will probably include IR because the laser probably wont have an IR filter, if it is an optical meter, IR throws them way off.

-Adam

As Diachi said, be careful of a power demo on a photodiode based LPM like a Lasercheck. I have a green laser pen that reads 80mw on my Coherent thermopile based meter. If I measure this laser with my Lasercheck (set at 532nm), I read 269mw, because of the IR leakage contaminating the reading.

I sent them a message today asking if their lasers had an IR filter fitted and if so what was the reculting CW output.
I also asked about it being demostrated if I collected it.

They replied with...
"All our lasers have the correct IR filter fitted. The stated mW output of all our lasers is messured after the product is constructed and is measured again before dispatch. We can gurantee the output of all our lasers.
Due to our bulk purchasing of laser diodes, we are able to keep our prices down.
We would be pleased to demostrate the power of the laser for you if you collect it yourself by showing you the meter reading and also showing the laser igniting a match and/or buring a peice of black card."

Maybe I should go and see for myself?

diachi

You should also check what kind of meter they have ;)

-Adam

it IS a SCAM laser, no doubt about it.

how do i know? i have the very same laser. yes mine can pop a balloon.

does it have an ir filter? no, and it gives me headaches because of it:

scamlaser.jpg

Same style, colour & case.

AVOID it.

remember, mW reader will also read the ir, so if they haven't got an ir filter it will read ALOT higher than it is.

polo

Please note:
Our laser pointers contain the important IR filter. Some sellers are offering cheap lower powered laser pointers which do not have the IR filter. This enables them to burn more easily but will cause damage to your eyes as the invisible rays are not blocked and bounce off walls and you are really buying a laser pointer with less than half the power.

Found that on their website, Anyone doubt they're telling the truth? as I am thinking about ordering from there.

Last edited:

daguin

Please note:
Our laser pointers contain the important IR filter. Some sellers are offering cheap lower powered laser pointers which do not have the IR filter. This enables them to burn more easily but will cause damage to your eyes as the invisible rays are not blocked and bounce off walls and you are really buying a laser pointer with less than half the power.

Found that on their website, Anyone doubt they're telling the truth? as I am thinking about ordering from there.

How may times do you need to read that it is a SCAM before you believe it?

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** -- Jesu Christo! This thread is almost three years old :mad:
closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.