Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hard to believe it's been a year

Well, my one year anniversary on lpf draws near, and I'll probably forget on the actual day to say anything, so I figured I'd do this now. With the recent advent of $50 445nm 5.6mm diodes, it seems the future is indeed knocking at our door. While I may not have been around for the first few bursts of ruby light, I was around for the blu-ray era, and it's been quite a trip. Lasers have advanced a hundred fold in such a short period of time, it's astounding. I can only say thank you to Avery for allowing this forum to be here, and through that, the wonders of home built lasers and technology that we've all discovered through it, and to companies like CNI and Viasho for bringing portable lasers like none other to this hobby. I can only wait with baited breath for the advancements of the coming years, like green diodes, (come on Nichia, get off yer lazy bums and get to work :na:) as technology leaps ever forward. I also would like to thank everyone here at lpf for sharing their wealth of knowledge and I hope to be here for many, many years to come. :beer:

rkcstr

When I started here ~2 1/2 years ago, the PS3 sleds were just becoming available with the "awesome" KES-400A that could put out an outstanding 30mW! 16x DVD diodes were the norm and we were satisfied getting ~150mW from a diode.

Now, we've surpassed 500mW of 405nm, moving into the 445nm era kickstarted with similar outputs, and possibly on the verge of green diodes soon. We're advancing very quickly and I look forward to what we'll see in another year!

Happy Anerversey
here's a cake with a laser just for you
laser-cake.jpg

I think that's the first cake I've seen that you need eye protection to eat. Thanks.