Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Harbor Freight 7x10 HELP

So my "low" gear ate itself away. After taking apart my lathe and discovering this, i ordered replacement parts and started to reassemble it (it will still work in high gear)

Well when i was getting ready to mount the circuit board back up i realized the two power cords were unplugged!

the main black and white cords that come directly from the 110v AC plug are not attached to anything and i cannot figure out what they plug into!

So does anyone have this lathe?

I'm hoping someone can open theirs up and take a quick picture for me so i can seew here they go.

It's the box that has the pot, on/off switch and fuse.

it just has two screws on top and two on bottom, and you can open it right up and snap a picture.

5029-lathe.jpg

The black and white wires from the power cord (3 wire cord) connect to the main lighted power switch.
The black and white wires from the motor cord (2 wires) connect to the reversing switch.

Email me if you need more.

HMike

Thanks a lot!

Got it all put together just to figure out that the belt was too loose and kept slipping!

anyways, these lathes sure are useless on high speed.....they have no strength at all and stall so easily...
I can't wait to get my replacements parts in...

Glad you got it working again Matt , maby if you need more power you could buy a stronger motor...

Glad you got it working again Matt , maby if you need more power you could buy a stronger motor...

Yeah I thought about that. Or even a different gear set would be okay....i normally run it at half speed when it's on low anyways, would be better to run it on full speed with a smaller gear to give me even more torque