Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Halo issue with Dx "True Green Laser Pen 5mW"

Greetings,

I am new to the forums and just bought my first 5mw green laser from DX, the kind mentioned in the subject. Link. Everything is great with it except for this 'halo' sort of problem I'm getting. Pictures. It appears after a second or two, depending on how much I've been using it.

I would like to know if this is something for which I should ask DX for a replacement or not, because it bugs me.

Thanks.

I'm relatively new to this, but it looks like a problem with the lens. The lens is supposed to focus the light coming off the laser diode, but some is leaking through.

With these pen lasers, sometimes they are rock solid, sometimes they are crap, but the button always fails, sooner or later. If I were you, I wouldn't bother sending it back, next one might be worse.

Hello and welcom to the forum!:wave:
Have you already read some of these threads?

So it can actually be a combination? Lens and halo effect? Cleaning lens on one of my lasers helped a lot, but on a 1.2W from O-like, it has a super bright dot with a halo.. Will see tonight if putting on sunglasses eliminates it... the dot is way too bright for look at it from up close :-/