Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hades Series

K

kingzilla

Has anyone actually bought a Hades series laser? There arn't any pictures of them in action that I can find anywere. I really would like to see what 500mw of IR can do! :D

T

timelord

I will probably have one but not yet. The 400mw Herc is calling me, then a high powered blue so my priorities are with colour now. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Aseras

I have one. it scares me. The reason i bought it was to try and see how well I could make a underwater lamp out of it. Water eats IR, but the animals can't see it at all. it should work great for local high power flood lighting. i just feel bad for any fish that get blinded. eh regular lights blind them anyways.

I've "played" with it while I was out sick last week, it wont light a match sharpied or whatever at all, but get it near near dark plastic or foam, and instant smoke/holes or light off.

it's completely invisible, you don't see anything, in fact you don't even know the laser is on until something start smoking.

the beam specs kinda suck as I'm sure it's a cmount diode with just a focusing lense. I may actually build the correct optics to correct the beam back to round. we'll see, it'll be a long time off.

my camera died last week too, so no pics until it gets back.

Aseras said:
the beam specs kinda suck as I'm sure it's a cmount diode with just a focusing lense. I may actually build the correct optics to correct the beam back to round. we'll see, it'll be a long time off.

Perhaps you are thinking of the 980nm PGL units? The Hades is a bit more expensive because its 1064nm DPSS so the beam specs shouldn't lag too far behind a greenie. I'll be getting in some >350mW 808nm pens and a 500mW 808nm PGL within the next few weeks, and they have the poor beam specs and profile you're talking about unfortunately.

If anyone wants an actual Hades, PM me first as I may be able to get you a better price than LG.

Aseras

I have one of the 808nm hades.

808 is better for me since it's nir, and will carry slightly better in water than 1064.