Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gun mounted 532nm , that you actually own, or used?

Tman

Anyone have links to any gun mounted 532nm as an aiming device,
that you actual own, or have used and been really pleased with?
Or anyone have a quality one to sell me ?:thanks:

iv got this one its a copy of the nd3 by laser genetics, its an OPTIMUS ND30, its about 40mw. does everything the nd3 does except for empty your bank account. Also ODICFORCE LASER does his own versions with three different power options available. He has a 30mw @ £69.99, a 50mw @ £78.99, and a 80mw @ £119.99. All three are similar to the laser genetics nd3 (nd3 is only 18mw @£350.00!) i paid £100 for my nd-30. its a decent bit of kit.. not only can it be used as an aiming device, but i use it to assist me in range finding. And obviously night shooting. i use a hand held image intensifier to spot rabbits then use the nd-30 to illuminate for the shot. I personally would go to ODICFORCE LASER.COM. or get an nd-30 if you can find one?

Attachments

• IMAG0626.jpg
    IMAG0626.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 342
  • IMAG0810.jpg
    IMAG0810.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 327
  • IMAG0808.jpg
    IMAG0808.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 283

Tman

that's a illuminator not a dot sight, of point of impact, correct?

Last edited:
iv got this one its a copy of the nd3 by laser genetics, its an OPTIMUS ND30, its about 40mw. does everything the nd3 does except for empty your bank account. Also ODICFORCE LASER does his own versions with three different power options available. He has a 30mw @ £69.99, a 50mw @ £78.99, and a 80mw @ £119.99. All three are similar to the laser genetics nd3 (nd3 is only 18mw @£350.00!) i paid £100 for my nd-30. its a decent bit of kit.. not only can it be used as an aiming device, but i use it to assist me in range finding. And obviously night shooting. i use a hand held image intensifier to spot rabbits then use the nd-30 to illuminate for the shot. I personally would go to ODICFORCE LASER.COM. or get an nd-30 if you can find one?

I've got that same mount, it's not very good for aiming. each click will move the dot about 8 inches at 50 yards, when a normal scope moves 1/4" at 100 yards with 1 click

Last edited:
I've got that same mount, it's not very good for aiming. each click will move the dot about 8 inches at 50 yards, when a normal scope moves 1/4" at 100 yards with 1 click

Yes and this is why most of the greenies sold on o-like are meant for air soft.
I actually broke my greenie for my Vz58 due to the recoil. The mounts are crap and so are the internals(not ruggedized). They can't take anything past a .22, more than likely.

reply to TMAN, yes its an illuminator, but it is also used as a point of impact laser. It really depends what gun it is to be used on. for my 12ftlb pcp its used for both an illuminator at night and a point of impact reference in the day. I find that you cant really fully rely on a laser for aiming, to much guess work... but a laser/scope combo and your away. the main use for a laser in my opinion is for a reference point along with your scope/ACOG. I have both laser and scope zeroed at 60yards, so when my target is nearer than 60yards the laser dot appears above the centre of the reticle, if my targets further than sixty yards the laser appears below the centre of the reticle. With practise and a little patience you can accurately "range find" using this technique. its alot quicker than getting a laser rangefinder out. just a quick dab on the lasers pressure switch, and a momentary calculation in your brain and you can easily calculate your hold over/under.... For paintball and less precise shooting in general you can use a laser as your main aiming devise but i dont recomend it. Then theres IR laser/NOD combos which allows shooting from the hip or any unwieldy persition with a beam only visible to you and anyone whereing NODs (night vision). that technique i have used for shooting rats where you are sat in a fixed place with a fixed distance to your target so there is no need to calculate Hold under/over. phew!! think i got a bit carried away then;)