Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Guidesman and PHR-805t advise

hey, i need some help with what driver to get for:

guidesman host (or Mohrenburgs 18650 host)

PHR-805T 405nm diode

im quite new to building lasers, i have made a simple red laser before but that was a 5mw aixis laser that all i had to do was put in a host and attach a battery. but i have no idea what driver to get or what battery to get, so does anybody have any advise??:thinking:

For the 805T , get a 144mA JIb driver.

Jib stopped making drivers for the time being....I think he's completely sold out. Could be wrong though....:thinking:

Edit: Yup, hes out. he has 444's though. If you really wanted one, you could swap out resistors to make it a lower current.

You could use a Groove 2 (2-cell) or a Flexdrive (1-cell) from Dr. lava...

Last edited:
you could buy a groove 2 and change the current yourself but youl need to use 2x 16340 instead of a 18650 so you can get enough voltage

Personally I'd just build a simple LM1117 or LM317 driver like I did for my PHR build. The one I built doesn't have any caps or reverse polarity protection (I did add a diode to a similar build I recently did) but it works flawlessly as long as you put the battery holder in the correct way.