Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Guess our new products! - Sanwu Lasers

He won’t sell nearly as many that high, but also important to me.

It would not surprise me a bit to see this initially listed for somewhere between $600 and $800. Now, the price may fall after other Chinese manufacturers produce their own versions of this, but I will also not be surprised that the beam divergences of the individual beams are not even close to the same and the beam bleeds like a hemophiliac.

Last edited:
He won’t sell nearly as many that high, but also important to me.

Maybe, but there is crap load of cheap RGB modules on the market already. Anyone who thinks over 400 USD is too much, I recommend to purchase el cheapo module first. Wont cost much. :D :D

It would not surprise me a bit to see this initially listed for somewhere between $600 and $800. Now, the price may fall after other Chinese manufacturers produce their own versions of this, but I will also not be surprised that the beam divergences of the individual beams are not even close to the same and the beam bleeds like a hemophiliac.

I'm just trying to say that I would happily pay higher price if there's some major advantages or quality is super.

Last edited:
I really hope you guys are wrong, unfortunately I won't be paying $800 (or anything remotely close to that), no matter the quality. If it comes to that I'll just wait for those RGB diodes :/

I also don't think many people can afford a laser that expensive. No point in spending R&D time to sell 5 units...

BobMc

Price point is important, he may make more money at a lower price due to higher sales volume.

Let’s hope Podo takes that into consideration. I think he’s got quite a few people keeping a eye out for this one. Here to hoping the best. :)

Don’t know if you guys have seen it, but video of the rgb outside was just posted.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LPzMausDXyQ

Looks pretty good :drool:

It does look pretty good Gazen. Thanks for posting and finding it. I got a 500mw Pocket and I guessing by the beam density maybe 300mw’s ish. :thinking:

Definitely going to be watching for this puppie! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. The R&D required to do this makes me hopeful it's affordable. I know how much I can dump into one of these, I do have a limit to how much I'd spend... especially considering the RGB diodes are being developed and won't have the added space/alignment complexity. We shall see.

It has been my experience that Sanwu doesn't sell their products at competitive prices, so I would expect these new lasers to be inline with their other features on a three laser basis.

I have two cheap RGB lasers in my possession right now, and they aren't that bad. They do take up more space than could be put into a HH, though. In order to make the kind of money Sanwu is used to, these will likely go for the price of three separate lasers plus some.

It does look pretty good Gazen. Thanks for posting and finding it. I got a 500mw Pocket and I guessing by the beam density maybe 300mw’s ish. :thinking:

Definitely going to be watching for this puppie! :)

I think Podo said in one of his posts it's 500mW.

Radim

It seems to me, Sanwu should make various powers of this laser. Just to get various options based on the same host to get it affordable even for low cost.

And in adition some DPSS version. The prism Tero posted would be great, still for DPSS I see there kind of space problem - how to get it into the host? Even semi DPSS with just 532 nm and rest of diodes would be appreciated. Since I love nature and there is a lot of green. ;)

Also quality is important, at least to me. I would be happy to pay 600-800 USD or more, depending of unit quality and usability. -Also unit run time is important.

---------
EDIT

This kind beam combining prism group would be ideal for Handheld unit, since it would stay aligned even if unit has dropped on ground e.g.

Though I wish that they would limit the powers on the diodes such that cranking all three channels to the max results in a perfect white. Theirs is a bit blue heavy by the looks of the video... and based on powers, a bit green heavy too.

edit: that or red is just low

Last edited:
I'd rather have the ability to produce more power with an unbalanced white. If you want it balanced, just turn the levels down on the heavy colors.

For something like an RGB, I'd rather see good balancing over upping the power. More power just doesn't do it for me these days. Though I'm mostly speaking for myself here--