Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Group Buy - High Power Modules

I mentioned earlier about the potential of selling some decent green or blue modules if I could get 3+ buyers.

Well, I have 3+ buyers! Between myself and some fellow LCers, I will be ordering over 1W total of visible lasers, with at least 500mW of 473nm blue. ;D

Anyway, if anyone is interested, these can be had in OEM forms which require a little extra heatsinking, or fully TEC regulated and heatsinked versions. There is also an inexpesive power supply upgrade that lets you adjust the current to the head so you have an adjustable power laser (all are powered by a wall outlet, and the OEM system is TINY. Small enough to be made portable probably). Best of all, they're cheap! (well, as cheap as you can expect for a high power laser)

If you're interested in pricing details, this order is going to be placed within a few weeks one way or another, and I can add you on to the order if you want. Power graphs will also be provided from my new meter setup.

The lasers are available in:
Blue 473nm DPSS - 10-200mW
Green 532nm DPSS - 100-300mW
Red-Orange 635nm - 120-500mW
Red 660nm - 250-900mW
IR 1064nm DPSS - 200-1000mW

Specs, details, pricing, etc available upon request. You can PM me here, LC, CPF, or send me an e-mail at pseudonomen137@gmail.com

S

SenKat

Could I talk you into posting prices here for everyone to peek at ? :cool:

I do believe that everyone knows that you pay for quality - and that the labby's are considerably more expensive than regular pointers...so if you wouldn't mind posting hte prices, that would be awesome !

SenKat said:
Could I talk you into posting prices here for everyone to peek at ?  :cool:

I do believe that everyone knows that you pay for quality - and that the labby's are considerably more expensive than regular pointers...so if you wouldn't mind posting hte prices, that would be awesome !

Yep, I've already gotten 2 PMs asking about that. Unfortunately, there are over 30 units to choose from, each available in 4 different versions. Combine that with some people paying by paypal (fees involved) instead of check/MO, foreign versus domestic shipping, etc. and I really don't have the time to calculate prices on every unit. I'd like to offer the best prices possible without going into the negative myself, so I figure out the price case-by-case.

Surprisingly though, the cost of upgrading to a lab-quality module isn't too bad. To upgrade the head from OEM to the fully heatsinked TEC regulated would cost $30, and you can upgrade the head, and the PSU to the current adjustable LCD display one for $65.

I know its hard to get interested without any pricing though, so to give you a general idea of prices, here's an excerpt from a PM:

"To give you an idea of what's available though, the 300mW OEM greenie would run ~$675 to get it shipped to the US via insured priority ($695 if paid by paypal [sorry,  I'm trying to offer the lowest prices possible but when paypal takes their cut, I have to adjust prices accordingly]). The cost of upgrading it to a fully heatsinked head would be $30, and the head and power supply could be upgraded for $65.

The 635nm 500mW and 660nm 900mW are both the same price, and would run ~$1150 shipped, with the same upgrade costs as the greenie.

Those are just the specs on the highest power units though. Obviously the lower power are cheaper if that is out of your budget. "

S

SenKat

Hey - I understand - you have too many choices to post them all ! :cool: I wish I was in the market for a labby - I AM in the market for a LASOS Argon power supply, if you know where to get one, though..... ;D